Flames Recall Rasmus Andersson
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Flames announced today that they have recalled defenseman Rasmus Andersson from the Stockton Heat of the American Hockey League.
Andersson, a native of Malmo, Sweden, was drafted in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. The 21-year-old right-shot defenseman has eight goals and 30 assists for 38 points in 53 games this season in Stockton. Andersson has shown in one game for the Flames this season on November 9th where he finished as a plus two. The 2017/18 AHL All-Star is in his second professional season and has career-highs in goals, assists, and points in 2017/18.
RASMUS ANDERSSON - DEFENSE
BORN: Malmo, Sweden DATE: October 27, 1996
HEIGHT: 6'0'' WEIGHT: 212 lbs.
DRAFTED: 2nd round (53rd overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2018
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Vote for Greatest Condors Promotion Ever - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Announce Partnership with Limitless Escape Games - Stockton Heat
- Multi-Platinum Selling MercyMe's "The Imagine Nation Tour" To Visit the Adirondack Bank Center This Fall - Utica Comets
- Week 24 Report: Hot Hogs Hurtle Towards Playoff Spot - Rockford IceHogs
- Hurricanes Recall Zykov from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Assign McDonald to Kansas City - Stockton Heat
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Assign Goaltender Nick Schneider to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- T-Birds to Welcome Olympic Gold Medalist Kacey Bellamy on March 31 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flames Recall Rasmus Andersson - Stockton Heat
- Ontario's T.J. Hensick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Dallas Stars Recall Mike McKenna - Texas Stars
- F Steven Swavely Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Bailey from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Senators Recall Chlapik from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Concussion Talk Presented by Upstate Concussion Center March 24 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.