Havoc Pair Called up to ECHL
HUNTSVILLE, AL - Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Eric Soltys announced today that forwards Travis Kauffeldt and Ray Ortiz have been called up to the Las Vagas Wrangles of the ECHL for games tonight and Wednesday night.
Kauffeldt leads the Havoc with 62 points. He has a team-high 32 goals to go along with 30 assists. Ortiz is fourth on the team with 41 points, 15 goals and 26 assists.
Both players will be back in a Havoc uniform on Friday night when the team plays at Fayetteville.
The Havoc also announced that forward Billy Tibbetts has signed a contract and Edan Welch has been waived.
Tibbetts scored five goals and recorded one assist in three games over the weekend. Welch had played in 50 games for the Havoc this season and scored 12 goals and recorded 20 assists.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2009
- Renegades To Hold Press Conference - Richmond Renegades
- Snakes In Three-Team Fight For Fourth - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Havoc Pair Called up to ECHL - Huntsville Havoc
- Havoc Takes Two - Huntsville Havoc
- Karasiewicz Named Player Of The Week - Richmond Renegades
- Cyclones Collect Five Points Out Of Eight For Week - Twin City Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.