Karasiewicz Named Player Of The Week
The Richmond Renegades today announced that forward Trevor Karasiewicz has been named by the SPHL as the Sher-Wood SPHL Player of the week for the week ending Saturday. It is the second time this season that Karasiewicz has been honored with the award.
In two games on Friday and Saturday, Karasiewicz had 3 goals and 5 assists. On Friday he was instrumental in bringing the Renegades back from a 2 goal deficit by scoring one power play goal and assisting on three other power play goals plus assisting on an even strength goal. The Renegades scored 4 unanswered goals in the third period in Huntsville to take second place back from the Havoc, winning the game 7-5. Karasiewicz was acquired from the Havoc in a trade during last season.
On Saturday the Renegades paid a visit to the Knoxville IceBears and again found themselves down two goals. Karasiewicz scored 2 power play goals and assisted on a short handed goal for a three point evening as the Renegades came back to tie the game in regulation and win in a shootout by a score of 5-4.
The Renegades continue their long road trip with back to back games this Friday and Saturday in Columbus. The team has three home games remaining on March 13, 15 and 21st.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2009
- Renegades To Hold Press Conference - Richmond Renegades
- Snakes In Three-Team Fight For Fourth - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Havoc Pair Called up to ECHL - Huntsville Havoc
- Havoc Takes Two - Huntsville Havoc
- Karasiewicz Named Player Of The Week - Richmond Renegades
- Cyclones Collect Five Points Out Of Eight For Week - Twin City Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.