Gwinnett Stripers Extend Triple-A Affiliation with the Atlanta Braves
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - In an announcement made today by Major League Baseball, the Gwinnett Stripers have officially been confirmed to continue as the Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves for the next 10 seasons. The Stripers are one of 120 Minor League clubs that have agreed to accept MLB's Professional Development League (PDL) license.
The agreement continues the longest-running affiliation in professional baseball into a 56th year in 2021, extending the franchise's historic partnership with the Braves that began in 1966.
"We are proud to remain the top level of the Braves' Minor League system and continue a rich history with Atlanta that has been written over nearly six decades," said Stripers Vice President and General Manager Adam English. "We look forward to working with Major League Baseball under the new agreement to innovate and grow the game of baseball. And of course, it's an honor that for the next 10 years to come, Stripers fans will enjoy the best fan experience in Minor League Baseball while watching the future stars of the Braves play one step away from the Majors at Coolray Field."
MLB's announcement also includes a new official league for the Stripers, who will be part of the Triple-A East. The 20-team circuit includes all 14 of the former members of the International League plus six others, split into three divisions. Gwinnett will be in the Southeast Division along with the Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox), Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays), Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (Miami Marlins), Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals), Nashville Sounds (Milwaukee Brewers), and Norfolk Tides (Baltimore Orioles).
The Stripers' 2021 schedule is expected to be released soon. To be among the first to know when the schedule and other team news is announced, sign up for the Stripers' official newsletter at GoStripers.com/newsletter.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from February 12, 2021
- Rain Postpones High School Heritage Classic Between Raines, Ribault - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Indianapolis Indians Accept PDL Agreement, Remain as Pittsburgh's Triple-A Affiliate - Indianapolis Indians
- Iowa Solidifies Partnership with Chicago, Joins Triple-A East League - Iowa Cubs
- IronPigs to Participate in New Triple-A East - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Omaha Storm Chasers Sign Player Development License - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bisons to Remain Triple-A Affiliate of TheÃÂ Blue Jays, Club Signs 10-Year Agreement with MLB - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Announces Signing of PDL - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gwinnett Stripers Extend Triple-A Affiliation with the Atlanta Braves - Gwinnett Stripers
- MLB Announces Minor League Baseball Teams - AAA East
- Nashville Sounds Announce Affiliation with the Milwaukee Brewers - Nashville Sounds
- Bisons to Remain Triple-A Affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, Sign 10-Year Agreement with MLB - Buffalo Bisons
- Jumbo Shrimp Accept Invitation to Become Marlins' Triple-A Affiliate - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Eastbound and Down, Saints Bring Their Brand of Fun to Triple-A East League - St. Paul Saints
- MLB Announces Minor League Baseball Teams - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce Updates to Coolray Field for 2021
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce 2021 Opening Night Roster
- Gwinnett Stripers Accepting Grant Applications for 2021
- Gwinnett Stripers May Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Gwinnett Stripers Unveil 2021 Promotions Schedule