Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, today announced that the team completed a trade with the Canton Charge (Cleveland Cavaliers affiliate). Greensboro acquires the returning rights to Kobi Simmons and the 14th overall selection in the 2019 NBA G League Draft (originally owned by the Washington Wizards affiliate, Capital City Go-Go) in exchange for the returning rights for Jaylen Barford and the Swarm's No. 12 pick. The trade is not subject to physicals.
Simmons, 22, attended the University of Arizona and went undrafted in 2017. Simmons spent the 2018-19 season in the Cleveland Cavaliers organization, appearing in 35 games with the Charge and one game with the Cavaliers. With the Charge, the Atlanta native averaged 17.2 points on 44 percent shooting, 3.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.2 steals in 31.9 minutes per game. In 2017-18, he a two-way player for the Memphis Grizzlies. He appeared in 32 games with the Grizzlies (averages of 6.1 points, 2.1 assists and 1.6 rebounds in 20.1 minutes) and 26 games with the Hustle (averages of 15.1 points, 3.9 assists, 2.7 rebounds).
Prior to college, Simmons earned McDonald's All-American honors after a standout career at St. Francis High School which included four state championship appearances (two titles).
Barford, 23, appeared in 47 games (18 starts) with the Swarm and averaged 17.8 points and 3.9 rebounds in 25.1 minutes in 2018-19.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 12, 2019
- Red Claws Acquire Rights to Kaiser Gates - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Acquire Barford, Move up in Draft - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Austin Spurs
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge - Greensboro Swarm
- Darren Erman Named 6th Head Coach of Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Spurs Announce November 26 Game Change - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm's Community Heroes Night to be Presented by Truliant Federal Credit Union
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels from the Greensboro Swarm
- Greensboro Falls to Grand Rapids
- Greensboro Acquires Terry Henderson
- Greensboro Suffers Home Defeat to Raptors