Grand Prairie turns tables on St. Paul
Grand Prairie- After being shutout the first two games of this four-game series, the Grand Prairie AirHogs (29-23) were able to shutout the St. Paul Saints in a 1-0 victory Saturday night at QuikTrip Park. Scoring the only run for the AirHogs was Brandon Pinkcney in an exciting bottom of the ninth. Pinckney, 2-for-3 on the night, led off the ninth with a double that was almost caught for an out by the Saints left-fielder Willie Cabrera. Brian Myrow was then intentionally walked. After getting one out in the ninth and the same two onboard, Pineda broke his hitless streak in the series with a game-winning single. Grand Prairie ends their scoreless streak at 26 scoreless innings and this one run was a big one for the AirHogs.
Pitching eight scoreless innings for the Hogs was Jared Mortensen, who struck out seven players. Mortensen gave up five hits in the game but none came back to haunt him. Patrick Mincey picks up his second win of the season pitching the ninth inning. He pitched a perfect inning with no hits.
The AirHogs and Saints will wrap up the four-game series Sunday night with first pitch at 6:05 P.M. It is family night out at QuikTrip Park with $1 Hotdogs and Pepsi products. Brandon Bargas will be on the mound for the AirHogs who hope to know the series at two games apiece.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 13, 2013
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts Sweep, Winning Streak Hits Nine - Wichita Wingnuts
- Guerra, Wingnuts Complete Home-And-Home Sweep of T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- El Paso Homers to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Strong pitching leads Birds again to fifth straight win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Grand Prairie turns tables on St. Paul - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints' Incredible Scoreless Streak Comes to An End in 1-0 Loss to AirHogs - St. Paul Saints
- Fargo-Moorhead wins 4-1 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saturday Night Woes Continue - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saltdogs Speedster Carroll Signed by Atlanta Braves - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 13th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs See One Slip Away Late - Laredo Lemurs
- First-Inning Lead Finally Holds for Sox - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Burnside Burns RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Grind out 11-Inning Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Takes Third Straight from Kansas City - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs