Goldeyes Leaders in Attendance Once Again
The Winnipeg Goldeyes are back on top of independent baseball attendance.
With an average of 5,880 fans per game this past season, Winnipeg led all 48 independent baseball teams in North America in average attendance to regain the top stop after a one-year hiatus.
"Our fans continue to prove why they are the best in independent baseball," Goldeyes general manager Andrew Collier said.
In addition to leading all independent teams in average attendance, the Goldeyes rank 28th amongst the 390 affiliated and independent minor league and summer college league baseball teams in North America. Winnipeg outdrew 13 Triple-A teams and 27 of the 30 Double-A teams.
A total of 276,359 fans watch the Goldeyes at Shaw Park this season.
Season ticket and nine-game mini pack information for the 2014 is available by calling the Goldeyes office at 204-982-2273.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 23, 2013
- 'Dogs Add Stellar Arm, Speedy Outfielder from El Paso - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Spudic Resigns - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones Re-Acquire Padgett, Irvine - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Leaders in Attendance Once Again - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.