Goaltender Ryan Faragher Returning to Steelheads
Boise, ID - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with goaltender Ryan Faragher on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season.
Faragher, 28, prepares for his fifth professional season after playing his first campaign with Idaho in 2017-18. The Fort Frances, Ontario native appeared in 20 games with the Steelheads last season, posting a record of 10-7-1 with a 2.77 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage, along with two shutouts.
The 6-foot-2 Faragher earned a professional tryout agreement to finish the season in the American Hockey League with the Stockton Heat, where he was 4-1-0 in six appearances with a 1.55 goals-against average and a .949 save percentage.
"Ryan is an elite goalie who has had proven success at both the ECHL and AHL levels," said Graham. "He brings experience, confidence, and competitiveness to the ice every day."
Faragher gave up two goals or fewer in six starts for Idaho before leaving for Stockton in early February. Prior to his departure, he won four of his final five outings.
"I'm excited to be back," said Faragher. "We have a great group of guys returning and I'm looking forward to getting to know the new faces and getting to work come October."
Faragher is a three-time winner of the ECHL's Goaltender of the Week award, having appeared in 123 career ECHL games over four seasons with the Steelheads and Utah Grizzlies. In the ECHL, Faragher has posted a career goals-against average of 2.70 and a save percentage of .907, supporting a 61-43-12 record and eight shutouts.
In 26 career AHL games with Stockton, San Diego, and Norfolk, Faragher is 10-13-2 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage.
Faragher is the second goaltender added by the Steelheads this off-season, joining second-year goaltender Tomas Sholl.
Season ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now. To purchase your seats for Steelheads hockey, contact the Steelheads front office at 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
Images from this story
Idaho Steelheads goaltender Ryan Faragher
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 16, 2018
- Americans Announce Biscuit's Bully Busters - Allen Americans
- Goaltender Ryan Faragher Returning to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Tyson Whiting Named "Voice of the Grizzlies" - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Trade for Alexandre Ranger - Orlando Solar Bears
- Brown Signs AHL Contract with San Antonio - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Acquire Big Defenseman from Orlando - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Sign Former NHL 3rd Round Draft Pick Kevin Sundher - Allen Americans
- Gladiators Announce Multiple Schedule Changes with Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Ink Veteran Forward Chris Francis - Tulsa Oilers
- Beast Sign NHL Veteran Kris Newbury to 2018-19 Deal - Brampton Beast
- Experience, Depth and Toughness Added as Glads Increase Roster by Three - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Season Ends in Game 6, Falling 3-1 to Oilers
- Steelheads Game 6 & 7 Watch Party this Sunday & Monday
- Steelheads Surge Late to Force Game 6 with 3-1 Win over Oilers
- Steelheads Game 5 Tickets for Friday on Sale Now
- Steelheads Extend Postseason, Force Game 5 with 4-2 Win over Oilers