Goaltender Matt Tomkins Reassigned from Rockford
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs announced Friday that goaltender Matt Tomkins has been reassigned to the ECHL's Indy Fuel. Tomkins will join the Fuel in Moline, Ill. as the club begins a three-game weekend Friday against the Mallards.
Tomkins, 23, saw action in seven games since his recall to the IceHogs on Dec. 27, putting up a 1-3-2 record, a 4.03 goals against average and an .869 save percentage. The rookie from Sherwood Park, Alberta recorded his first AHL win with a 32-save performance on Jan. 19, helping Rockford to a 4-3 road victory against the Cleveland Monsters.
With the Fuel this season, Tomkins has a 4-3-0 record along with a 2.73 goals against average and a .931 save percentage. The graduate of Ohio State University was named the CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week from Dec. 4-10, after stopping 88 of 91 shots over a pair of Indy victories.
The Fuel kick off a seven game road swing with three games in three days this weekend. Indy visits the Quad City Mallards Friday night at TaxSlayer Center before meeting the Kalamazoo Wings for a critical Saturday-Sunday doubleheader at Wings Event Center.
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2017-18 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2017-18 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2018
- Rush Hold off Utah Late - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Drops High Scoring Affair in Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Pull Away Late to Defeat Mallards 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Hammer Nailers 5-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tomkins, Fuel Stop Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offense Continues to Shine in Win over Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Angeli Leads Offensive Outburst as Admirals Top Thunder 7-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Skid Reaches Five as Oilers Fall to Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Beast Work Hard But Wings Take It 4-2 - Brampton Beast
- Orlando Jerseys Produce Magic Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Six Game Point Streak Ends in 4-1 Home Loss to Stingrays - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Slam Door on Beast in Road Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder, Komets Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sam Kurker Returns to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Justin Taylor Loaned to Utica Comets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- 2019 CCM-ECHL All-Star Weekend Lineup Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Hungry Howie's Friends & Family Deal on February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers at Solar Bears Game Day Snap Shot, February 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Dupont's 600th Game Sees Admirals Host Thunder - Norfolk Admirals
- Goaltender Matt Tomkins Reassigned from Rockford - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Darrin Flinchem Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year
- Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season
- Fuel Eliminated After Double Overtime Loss to Walleye
- Toledo Pushes Fuel to Brink of Elimination in Game 3 Victory
- Fuel First Round Series Shifts to Indianapolis Wednesday