Justin Taylor Loaned to Utica Comets
KALAMAZOO, MI - Kalamazoo Wings forward Justin Taylor has been loaned and signed to a professional tryout agreement with the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League, the team announced Friday.
Taylor, 29, gets his first shot in the AHL since his rookie season in 2010-11, when he was on a Bridgeport Sound Tigers contract following his career with the London Knights of the OHL.
Not skipping a beat from his career-high 32 goals and 61 points a season ago, the centerman has earned 25 goals and 18 assists in 44 games this season, leading the Wings with 43 total points. His 25 goals rank third in the ECHL and his 43 points are good enough for ninth in the league.
Taylor's season has been one to remember, as the eighth-year pro has accomplished many individual milestones during the 2017-18 campaign. He moved into third all-time in franchise history with 435 games played on January 24, appeared in his 500th career professional game on January 27, and moved into fourth all-time in franchise history for goals scored with 162 on February 7.
Taylor will join the Comets as they kick off a two-game home stand this weekend against Laval Rocket and the Belleville Senators.
The Wings take the ice tonight against the Brampton Beast inside the Powerade Centre at 7:15 p.m. Pregame coverage begins at 7 p.m. on AM 1660 The Fan in Kalamazoo or online at www.1660thefan.com/listen-live.
Catch all the regular season action at Wings Event Center with tickets that start at just $10! Shop for yours today at www.kwings.com/singlegametickets.
Wings Event Center, owned and operated by Greenleaf Hospitality Group, is home to the Kalamazoo Wings professional hockey team and a full entertainment venue offering concerts, sporting events, family shows and trade shows. Built in 1974, Wings Event Center values partnerships with the community to bring events and attractions that enrich the lives of residents in the Kalamazoo area.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2018
- Rush Hold off Utah Late - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Drops High Scoring Affair in Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Pull Away Late to Defeat Mallards 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Hammer Nailers 5-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tomkins, Fuel Stop Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Offense Continues to Shine in Win over Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Angeli Leads Offensive Outburst as Admirals Top Thunder 7-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Skid Reaches Five as Oilers Fall to Cyclones - Tulsa Oilers
- Beast Work Hard But Wings Take It 4-2 - Brampton Beast
- Orlando Jerseys Produce Magic Result - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Six Game Point Streak Ends in 4-1 Home Loss to Stingrays - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Slam Door on Beast in Road Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder, Komets Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sam Kurker Returns to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Justin Taylor Loaned to Utica Comets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- 2019 CCM-ECHL All-Star Weekend Lineup Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Hungry Howie's Friends & Family Deal on February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers at Solar Bears Game Day Snap Shot, February 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Dupont's 600th Game Sees Admirals Host Thunder - Norfolk Admirals
- Goaltender Matt Tomkins Reassigned from Rockford - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.