Giants to Host the Everett Silvertips in Their 2018-19 Home Opener
Vancouver, B.C. - Today the Vancouver Giants announced that their 2018-19 CIBC Home Opener will take place on Friday, September 21st at 7:30 PM against the 2018 Western Conference champs, the Everett Silvertips.
This rivalry matchup will officially launch the Giants 18th season in the Western Hockey League. The 2018-19 season will feature 68 games for all teams - 34 home and 34 away.
"Our 2018-19 home opener can't get here soon enough," said Giants Senior VP, Dale Saip. "Both on and off the ice we're looking to build off the strong momentum that we gained from last season. We have huge plans for the upcoming season and it all starts on September 21st against our closest rivals from the South."
Tomorrow morning the Giants will unveil their complete 2018-19 regular season schedule.
To view the Giants 2018 pre-season schedule click HERE!
Get your Vancouver Giants season tickets for the 2018/19 season today! For more information on how you be a part of the action, call 604.4.GIANTS (604.444.2687).
Images from this story
Vancouver Giants vs. the Everett Silvertips
(Chris Relke/The Vancouver Giants)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2018
- Four Days Remain for Payroll Deduction Program and to Get Early Bird Rates, Mini Packs Discontinued, Flex Pack Ticket Offering Changes - Kootenay Ice
- Three Blades Attending NHL Development Camps this Week - Saskatoon Blades
- Silvertips Home Opener for 16th Season in WHL Saturday, September 22 vs. Vancouver Giants - Everett Silvertips
- Blades Announce Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Trade Russell to Spokane for Conditional Fifth Round Pick - Kootenay Ice
- Oilers Rookies to Face Flames in Red Deer - Red Deer Rebels
- Spokane Acquires Defenseman Bobby Russell from Kootenay - Spokane Chiefs
- Williamson Not Returning to Americans - Tri-City Americans
- T-Bird Home Opener Is September 22 - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs' Home Opener Set for September 29 - Spokane Chiefs
- Tigers Announce 2018-19 Home Opener - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Save the Date, Broncos Home Opener Set for September 21st - Swift Current Broncos
- Giants to Host the Everett Silvertips in Their 2018-19 Home Opener - Vancouver Giants
- Hitmen Announce 2018-19 Home Opening Weekend - Calgary Hitmen
- Zummack Invited to Maple Leafs' Development Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Oil Kings Announce 2018-19 Home Opener - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kamloops Blazers Hire Serge Lajoie as Head Coach - Kamloops Blazers
- Tigers Invited to VGK Development Camp - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Gennaro Commits to AHL's Tuscon Road Runners - Swift Current Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Announce Western Conference Championship Series Schedule
- Giants Advance to Western Conference Final After a 6-1 Win in Victoria
- Jared Dmytriw Named WHL Western Conference Humanitarian of the Year
- Giants Push Royals to the Brink of Elimination After a 5-4 OT Victory
- Nielsen's OT Winner Sends the Giants to Victoria up 2-0 in Round 2