Generals Weekly Notes
On The Record: The Generals had a tough week, managing only 1 win in 4 games, but on a positive note, that win came on the last day of the month so they will be heading into March on a positive note.
More From Mori: John Mori was the strongest player for the Generals during the month of February. In 12 games he tallied 18 points (9 goals and 9 assists), and that is with him going three straight games without a point. He was named IHL Player of the Week for week nineteen and IHL Rookie of the Week for week seventeen.
Playoff Hopes: The Gens have had a rough week and yet are still in the hunt for the final playoff spot. They are tied with Dayton for 6th place and are 11 points behind 4th place Bloomington with 21 games remaining. If they can return to the kind of play they'd demonstrated throughout February, the Gens have a great shot and nabbing that final slot.
Competing With The Best: Flint has shown this season they have the ability to compete and beat the best teams in the league. In their last 5 games against Port Huron they are 4-1-0-0 and they ended Muskegon's 10 home game win streak last weekend.
~ John Mori has 2 goals in the last 2 games and has 13 points in the last 6 games
The Invasion Continues: The Generals have taken over Genesee County one promotion at a time. Unfortunately the Myers Elementary school appearance has to be rescheduled for a second time, again due to a snow day.
Thursday players will be visiting Elms Road Elementary to read to classes for reading month.
They will be at Holly Academy Friday again for reading month.
This Week On The Ice: The Generals host Port Huron this Wednesday as they look to not only really make a push for the playoffs, but to extend their recent success against the IceHawks.
Saturday they host Fort Wayne and then head to play the Komets in Indiana Sunday for a 5:00PM faceoff.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from March 1, 2010
- Mallards To Meet Fans Tomorrow At Hardee's In Rock Falls, Morrison - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards' Jones Once More Named IHL Goaltender Of The Week - Quad City Mallards
- Bicek Named IHL Player Of Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Komets Streak Into March; Gems Visit Wednesday, Generals Return Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bloomington Racking Up The Shorthanders - IHL 2
- IHL Awards Weekly Honors For Week Twenty - IHL 2
- PrairieThunder This Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Skalde Radio Show Tuesday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals Weekly Notes - Flint Generals
- Lumberjacks Expand League Lead - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lumberjacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals