Generals Fall to Dayton
Flint, MI- The Flint Generals hosted the Dayton Gems Wednesday night at Perani Arena.
The Gens scored early with an unassisted goal from John Ronan at 4:09 of the first period. Alec Kirschner scored for the Gens in the third, his first as a General.
John Snowden scored Dayton's first goal with help from Jonathon Ornelas at 5:09 of the 3rd. Matt Auffrey also scored for the Gems, getting a power play goal at 12:04 of the third, with assists from Michael Mullen and Greg Labenski.
The game went to overtime but no decision was reached, forcing the game into a shootout. Tyler Howells missed for Flint on the first shot, John Ronan's shot was snagged up by Mior, Bryan Smolinski also missed.
Edgers Brancis scored for Dayton, winning the game.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 11, 2009
- Generals Fall 3-2 To Dayton In Shootout - Flint Generals
- Icehawks Fall To Lumberjacks, 5-3 - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Fall to Dayton - Flint Generals
- Gems Notch Second Shootout Win This Time 3-2 Over The Flint Generals - Dayton Gems
- Coors Light, Mallards Team To Offer Military Ticket Discount - Quad City Mallards
- PrairieThunder Face three Games - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Acquire DaCosta From Lumberjacks - Dayton Gems
- Dayton Gems In Your Community - Dayton Gems
- Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals