Game Suspended in 5th
North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, had their game with the Columbia Fireflies suspended in the fifth inning due to rain. The game will be resumed on August 31st as part of a doubleheader with the Fireflies. The score was 2-0 Columbia in the bottom of the fifth inning. Logan Baldwin was at the plate with a 1-0 count.
The Fireflies took an early lead in the game by putting up two runs in the top of the first inning. That would remain the score until the rain delayed the game.
The GreenJackets (14-22) will be back in action tomorrow against the Kannapolis Intimidators at 7:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 29, 2018
- Drive Complete Sweep of RiverDogs on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Blanked in K-Town Finale - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hess Breaks out But RiverDogs Swept by Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- Game Suspended in 5th - Augusta GreenJackets
- Fireflies and GreenJackets Suspended in Fifth Due to Rain - Columbia Fireflies
- Rogers Takes No-Hitter into 8th Inning - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Legends Take Series over Braves in 6-5 Victory - Lexington Legends
- Kranick Flirts with Perfection in 7-0 Two-Hit Shutout - West Virginia Power
- Slow Start Leads to Ninth Shutout Loss - Asheville Tourists
- Comeback Claws Do It Again: Walk-Off Home Run for Simon Muzziotti in 4-2 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Suns Swept as Lakewood Walks off for Second-Straight Night - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 29 at Augusta (Game 103) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (july 29) - West Virginia Power
- Columbia Fireflies Homestand Highlights (July 30-August 1) - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.