Game Preview: Greyhounds Race to the 'Shwa Tonight at 7:35pm
Oshawa looks to best the Greyhounds for the first time this season. They are coming off of a big win against the Frontenacs on Wednesday. The Soo also played on Wednesday with a 7-5 loss to the Saginaw Spirit.
Season Record (Last 10 games): Oshawa Generals: 26-17-4-2 (5-4-1-0) - 3rd in East Division
Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds: 24-27-2-0 (4-6-0-0) - 4th in West Division
Season Series: This is the second and final time these teams meet this season. The Soo won the first game.
Game 1 at Soo November 16th, 2019: 3-1 Soo win
Last Meeting: The last time these teams met was in November in Sault Ste Marie. The Soo took the game in a 3-1 victory. Brett Harrison recorded the only goal of the game for Oshawa, it was his first goal since returning from the World U17 Hockey Challenge.
Players to Watch; Oshawa Generals
Ty Tullio, RW - Tullio has been a consistent scorer for the Generals this season. After being one of the top rookies last year, he has blossomed in his NHL draft year. Tullio is a strong skater with an even stronger shot. Tullio is elusive to the point where he is able to sneak into the slot behind enemy defenders just in time to clean up a rebound or fire his own one-timer on net. He will be a threat to score - as always - tonight.
David Jesus, D - Jesus is coming. While David Jesus is in the running for the best Gens rookie this season, he's also still getting better. A fixture on the top pairing this season, Jesus has already bloomed into a reliable defenseman. Learning from a similar style of player in William Ennis, the two have been in different pairings as of late. Jesus has been with more offensive minded Vallati and has been a strong anchor on the pairing.
Player to Watch; Soo Greyhounds
Jaromir Pytlik, C - The forward from the Czech Republic has been a strong asset for the Greyhounds this season. He sits just under one point per game and is likely to be drafted this summer. The last time he played the Gens he was named the second star recording one goal and one assist.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Fronts Left Brokenhearted on Valentine's Day - Kingston Frontenacs
- Generals' Moms Power Comeback, Greyhounds Finish It in the Shootout - Oshawa Generals
- Attack Outshoot Storm 40-14 But Can't Beat Daws in 2-0 Defeat - Owen Sound Attack
- Perfetti Nets Hat Trick as Comeback Effort Falls Just Short - Saginaw Spirit
- Firebirds Knock-Off First-Place Saginaw Friday, Set Record for Most Wins in a Season - Flint Firebirds
- Steelheads Go Head to Head with Nation's Best - Mississauga Steelheads
- Rangers Get Doubled up by the Knights, 6-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Win a Wild One in Mississauga to Kick-Off Long Weekend - Ottawa 67's
- Uberti Scores Twice in a 5-3 Valentine's Day Loss to the Bulldogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Captain Nurse Ices A K9cup Victory For Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spitfires Hold On, Win 6-5 over Kingston - Windsor Spitfires
- Game Preview: Greyhounds Race to the 'Shwa Tonight at 7:35pm - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Team up with Trillium Health Partners for New School Night - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting & WIse Guys Pizza Partner to Add to "Sting Experience" - Sarnia Sting
- Game Day Preview: Spirit Welcome the Return of Paul 'BizNasty' Bissonnette Friday at the Dow - Saginaw Spirit
- Weekend Preview - Coming Together - Mississauga Steelheads
- Spitfires Take Season Series with Win in Peterborough - Peterborough Petes
- Spitfires Beat Petes 7-3 - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Kia CHL Top-10 Spotlight: Generals Going for Glory
- Tyler Tullio Selected 126 Overall by the Edmonton Oilers
- Tyler Tullio Finds Unique Ways to Stay Busy During Unique Off-Season
- Oliver Suni Getting Stronger from Kempele, Finland
- New Forward Hayden Fowler Is No Stranger to the Oshawa Generals