Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Three in Three Sunday at Home to Brandon
The Regina Pats (19-31-4-2) wrap up a week of five games in seven days on Sunday afternoon when they host the Brandon Wheat Kings (31-21-3-2). Puck drop is at 4:00 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. The Pats were last in action Saturday night when they grabbed a single point in a 2-1 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oil Kings. The Wheat Kings hosted Prince Albert on Saturday and dropped a 2-1 decision. Tonight is the fifth of six meetings between Regina and Brandon, the Pats are 1-3-0-0 so far in the season series. The game can be heard with Bennett Dunlop Ford Pats Hockey starting at 3:35 p.m. on 620 CKRM .
Regular Season Comparison Regina Brandon
Record 19-31-4-2 31-21-3-2
Goals For/Against 163/228 (-65) 203/157 (+46)
Powerplay 15.8% (36/228) 20.1% (51/254)
Penalty Kill 78.2% (197/252) 85.0% (193/227)
Team Save Percentage 0.880 0.918
Leading Scorer Austin Pratt (18-31-49) Luka Burzan (33-24-57)
Leading Scorer (Defence) Zach Wytinck (6-36-42) Braden Schneider (7-32-39)
Scoring by Period (1st-2nd-3rd-OT-SO) 46-57-53-2-5 60-69-71-1-2
- The Pats are 5-3-0-2 in their last 10 games against the Wheat Kings and 3-2-0-0 in their last five at home.
- Regina is 8-4-3 in their last 15 home games.
- Austin Pratt leads the Pats with 13 points in 27 career games against Brandon.
- The Pats are 4-5-1-0 in the month of February.
- Zach Wytinck picked up the 94th assist of his career on Saturday against Edmonton.
- Donovan Buskey stopped 27 of 28 in relief on Saturday to secure the Pats a point against the Oil Kings.
- Austin Pratt is riding a four-game point streak with two goals and three assists in that stretch.
Pats Captain Austin Pratt extended his point streak to four games on Saturday night with a second period goal, his 18th of the year, which tied the game at one. The 20-year-old has two goals and three assists over the point streak and has re-taken the team lead in scoring with 49 points in 56 games. He is two points away from matching his career high season of 51 points, which he set last year in 68 games.
Pats defenceman Zach Wytinck picked up his 42nd point of the season on Saturday night against Edmonton. The 20-year-old is enjoying a strong second half to the season with 20 points, three of them goals, in 23 games. He enters Sunday tied for ninth among all WHL defencemen with 42 points and his 36 assists are alone in seventh.
Pats Approaching Notable Career Highlights
Zach Wytinck is 6 assists away from 100 in his WHL career.
Austin Pratt is 9 assists away from 100 in his WHL career.
Pratt is 2 points away from matching his previous career high in points for a season (51).
Carson Denomie is 9 games away from 200 in his WHL career.
Last Pats Game
The Regina Pats earned a point on home ice Saturday in a 2-1 overtime defeat at the hands of the Edmonton Oil Kings at the Brandt Centre. In the first, Edmonton outshot Regina 13-2, but Danton Belluk stood tall making 12 saves. The lone goal that got by him was on the powerplay from Jake Neighbours and it was 1-0 Oil Kings after one. Belluk was forced to leave the game after the first and so Donovan Buskey came into the game to start the second. The Pats found the tying goal at 17:23 of the period when Austin Pratt jammed in his 18th from the side of the net and it was 1-1 after 40 minutes. In the third, Donovan Buskey stopped all 12 shots he faced, securing a point for Regina in a game that went to overtime tied at one. In the extra frame, the Oil Kings got the winner from Josh Williams at 4:13 and they took the extra point in a 2-1 final. The Pats were outshot 41-16, the powerplay was oh for two, the penalty kill three for four, while Danton Belluk and Donovan Buskey combined to make 39 saves.
Last Pats Game Vs Brandon
February 17, 2020 - Drew Englot scored the lone Regina goal in a 2-1 home defeat to Brandon. The Wheat Kings got goals from Ben McCartney and Luka Burzan in the win. Donovan Buskey made 22 saves for the Pats, Ethan Kruger 25 saves for Brandon.
Last 10 Games Vs Opponent
February 14, 2020 - Brandon 2 @ Regina 1
January 5, 2020 - Brandon 5 @ Regina 0
December 30, 2019 - Regina 1 @ Brandon 4
November 23, 2019 - Regina 5 @ Brandon 4
March 16, 2019 - Regina 4 @ Brandon 5 SO
March 15, 2019 - Brandon 4 @ Regina 5
January 26, 2019 - Regina 2 @ Brandon 3 SO
January 25, 2019 - Brandon 0 @ Regina 4
December 28, 2018 - Brandon 2 @ Regina 3
December 27, 2018 - Regina 3 @ Brandon 2
Pats Leaders Vs Brandon (Career)
Austin Pratt - 27 GP, 7G, 6A, 13 PTS.
Nikita Sedov - 12 GP, 0G, 10A, 10 PTS.
Carson Denomie - 10 GP, 2G, 5A, 7 PTS.
Robbie Holmes - 19 GP, 4G, 3A, 7 PTS.
Riley Krane - 12 GP, 2G, 2A, 4 PTS
Donovan Buskey - 4 GP, 2-2-0-0, 13 GA.
Individual Streaks (Active)
Austin Pratt - 4 games (2G, 3A).
Individual Streaks (Recent)
Zach Wytinck - 6 games, January 24 - February 8 (1G, 6A).
Robbie Holmes - 5 games, January 24 - February 8 (3G, 6A).
Ryker Evans - 5 games January 26 - February 8 (1G, 7A).
Pats Vs Medicine Hat - Friday February 28, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats @ Medicine Hat - Saturday February 29, 8:30 p.m. - Canalta Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Moose Jaw - Tuesday March 3, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Delta Hockey Academy Green Win Inaugural WHL U.S. Challenge Cup - WHL
- Pats Trip Kings in OT - Regina Pats
- Game Day Hub: February 23 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Three in Three Sunday at Home to Brandon - Regina Pats
- Wolf and Goncalves Help Tips Break Giants' Streak - Everett Silvertips
- Royals Shoot Past Rockets on Sold out Pink in the Rink Night - Victoria Royals
- Hitmen Clinch Playoff Berth with 6-4 Win in Kamloops - Calgary Hitmen
- Rockets pick up a point in the shootout - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Get Late Power Play Goal to Topple Americans in High-Scoring Affair - Red Deer Rebels
- Brendan Williamson's First Career Goal Silences Winterhawks - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Tigers Fall 2-1 to Chiefs - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Giants Winning Streak Ends at 11 After a 2-1 Setback in Everett - Vancouver Giants
- Dante Giannuzzi Ties Career High 30 Saves in Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Americans Come up Short in Back-And-Forth Game against Rebels - Tri-City Americans
- Wheat Kings on Wrong End of 2-1 Decision against Raiders - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Take Michels and Young in the 2020 WHL US Prospects Draft
- Pats to Pick First Overall in 2020 WHL Bantam Draft
- Pats to Pick Twice in Wednesday's Inaugural WHL US Prospects Draft
- WHL to Hold Annual Bantam Draft Lottery Wednesday
- WHL to Hold Annual Bantam Draft Lottery Wednesday