Gamblers Move to 2-0 in 2020-2021
Jake Schmaltz and Jarod Crespo each had a goal and an assist and Matt Davis made 31 saves to backstop the Green Bay Gamblers to a 4-3 win over the Youngstown Phantoms on Thursday at the Resch Center. The win improved the Gamblers regular season mark to 2-0-0.
Green Bay jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 1st period on goals by Greg Spitznagel (6:37) and Schmaltz (17:35/PP).
Youngstown notched a late 1st period goal (18:24) and tied the game while on a 2-man advantage midway through the 2nd period (9:43)
Green Bay regained the lead at the 14:24 mark of the 2nd period, on Crespo's first career USHL goal.
Youngtown tied the game at the 5:11 mark of the 3rd period. The two teams exchanged opportunities throughout the third, before Mason Lohrei notched the game winner at the 16:16 mark. The goal came after a perfect pass to the slot area from behind the net from Schmaltz. Lohrei made no mistake with a one-timer past Phantoms goaltender Kyle Chauvette, who made 34 saves in the game.
Davis improved to 2-0-0 on the season, turning aside 31 Youngstown shots.
The two teams meet again on Saturday at the Resch Center. Start time 7:05 PM. Tickets available at the Resch Center box office or online at gamblershockey.com. Box office phones are open 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM on Friday and tickets can be purchased in-person beginning at 10:00 AM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2020
- Storm Look Ahead to Home Opener Following Road Loss to Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Force Take Down the Stampede in Home Opener - Fargo Force
- Stampede Drop Opener 5-3 in Fargo - Sioux Falls Stampede
- As Title Defense Begins, Banner Unveiling Put on Hold - Chicago Steel
- Storm Begin Three-Game Weekend in Omaha - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers Move to 2-0 in 2020-2021 - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.