Four Houston Dynamo Players Report for International Duty
HOUSTON - Four Houston Dynamo players were named to their respective national team for the upcoming FIFA window, the club announced today.
Defender Maynor Figueroa and midfielder Boniek Garcia were named to the Honduran National Team for a friendly against Guatemala on Nov. 15. Forward Ariel Lassiter was named to the Costa Rican National Team for a friendly against Qatar on Nov. 13. Additionally, midfielder Wilfried Zahibo was named to the Central African Republic National Team for two African Cup of Nations qualifying matches.
Figueroa started 19 games for the Dynamo this season and led the team in clearances with 74 and interceptions with 41. The defender has earned 162 caps for Honduras and served as the captain in the 2017 and 2019 Concacaf Gold Cups. The veteran defender missed the previous national team camp in Oct. and returns to international play for the first time since a 4-0 victory over Trinidad ana Tobago on Nov. 11, 2019 in Concacaf Nations League play.
Garcia returns to the Honduran National Team for the first time since 2017. The Houston Dynamo captain has earned 124 caps at the senior level and his last competitive match was a FIFA World Cup qualifying match that finished in a 1-1 draw with the U.S on Sept. 5, 2017. The midfielder appeared in 18 games for the Dynamo this season.
Lassiter joined the Dynamo on loan in August and finished with three goals for the club this season. The forward also tallied an assist in Houston's 2-0 victory over FC Dallas on Oct. 7. Lassiter has earned six national team caps with Costa Rica after making his debut on March 23, 2019.
Zahibo joined the Dynamo in a trade with the New England Revolution on Aug. 17. The midfielder earned two starts and four appearances for the club in 2020. Internationally, the midfielder has earned two caps at the senior level with the Central African Republic. Zahibo made his debut in a 2-0 victory over Burundi last fall on Nov. 13, 2019 in the Africa Cup of Nations qualification round.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 10, 2020
- 2020 Colorado Rapids Soccer Club End of Season Awards Gala Winners - Colorado Rapids
- Everything You Need to Get Ready for the Round One Matchups in the West - Colorado Rapids
- Four Houston Dynamo Players Report for International Duty - Houston Dynamo
- Arreaga, Ruidiaz and Svensson Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Felipe Mora, Andy Polo Called up for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Matches - Portland Timbers
- 2021 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships Now Available - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo Re-Sign Defender Zarek Valentin - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Regular Season - Orlando City SC
- Rodolfo Pizarro Joins Mexican National Team for November Friendlies - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Announces End of the Year Awards in Club's Inaugural Major League Soccer Season - Nashville SC
- Exploria Stadium to Host Final Stages of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Makes Statement with Road Comeback Victory over Orlando City SC - Nashville SC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.