Fort Wayne Mad Ants Host Inaugural Sports and Entertainment Career Fair
On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 the NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants will host the First Annual Sports and Entertainment Career Fair Presented by the University ofSaint Francis Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership. Theevent will be held from 1:00-4:00 PM at Don Hall's Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Prestigious national and local teams and organizations such as the NBA, Adidas, the Detroit Pistons, the Indiana Pacers, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Fort Wayne Freedom, Spiece Fitness, Crazy Pinz, and several more will be accepting resumes and talking to motivated students who are interested in a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
"The number one thing any person who wants to get into the sport's business needs is an opportunity, as this is an unbelievably competitive market," said Mad Ants' President Jeff Potter. "Everyone wants to be in sports, and we are offering prospective employees the opportunity to hand their resume to the Pistons, the NBA, the Pacers, or the Mad Ants in person, rather than by email or snail mail. I am not sure there is a better opportunity to make a first impression."
The registration fee for attendees is $20, which includes admission to the Career Fair and a special networking session before the Mad Ants' game that evening, as well as a ticket to watch the home team take on their NBA Development League rivals the Iowa Energy at 7:00 PM at The Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Participants who register early will receive a discounted admission rate of $15 by signing up before March 11. Registration forms are available on the Mad Ants website at www.fortwaynehoops.com.
For questions or additional information contact Melissa Majikes at 260-469-4667 x104 or Melissa@fortwaynehoops.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2008
- Skyforce's Powell scores 46 points to beat Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Calling All Slam Dunkers - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- 14ers Add Two More to Roster - Colorado 14ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Gate City Bank to Host Wiz Kids Event - Dakota Wizards
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Host Inaugural Sports and Entertainment Career Fair - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Iowa's Energy Too Much for Arsenal - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations And Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants to Host "You Make the Call" Referee Clinic
- Red Claws Come Back for Overtime Win against Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Dominate at Home against Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Run Away from Westchester During Thursday's Matinee