Former Stampede Defenseman Jack St. Ivany Named to U.S. World Junior Roster
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Former Stampede defenseman Jack St. Ivany (EYE-vuh-knee) has been named to the preliminary roster for the 2019 U.S. National Junior Team that will compete in the 2019 World Junior Championship. The international tournament runs between Dec. 28, 2018 and Jan. 5, 2019 in Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia. St. Ivany becomes the second former player in three years to skate for Team USA. Kieffer Bellows helped lead Team USA to a gold medal in 2017 and a bronze medal in 2018.
St. Ivany skated with the Stampede from 2016 to 2018, posting 46 points (7g, 39a) in 106 career games, ranking him sixth all-time in points for a Stampede defenseman. Last season, the Manhattan Beach, Calif. native posted 36 points while helping lead the Stampede to a top four finish in the Western Conference and into the 2018 Clark Cup Playoffs. St. Ivany skated in the 2018 USHL/NHL Top Prospects game and earned a silver medal for Team USA at the 2017 World Junior A Challenge.
In June, the defenseman was taken in the fourth round of the NHL Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. He is currently skating at Yale University where he has registered six points (1g, 5a) in nine games. The Bulldogs are currently 5-2-2 on the season.
St. Ivany will be invited to Team USA's training camp from December 15-17 in Everett, Wash. After the camp, the U.S. will play two pre-tournament games in British Columbia. The Americans first tournament game will be on December 26th versus Slovakia. The U.S. will be in Group B in the preliminary round of the tournament with Finland, Kazakhstan, Slovakia and Sweden. Team USA has medaled in three consecutive World Junior Championships.
Team USA's roster features 25 former USHL players and current Team USA forward Jack Hughes who is expected to be the first overall pick in the 2019 NHL Draft. Click here to see the entire roster.
The Stampede return to action this Saturday when they travel to Sioux City to face the Musketeers at 7:05 PM. The Herd return home next Thursday, Friday and Saturday for three straight home games at the PREMIER Center. Tickets are available through the KELOLAND Box Office or any Ticketmaster outlet.
Images from this story
Former Sioux Falls Stampede defenseman Jack St. Ivany
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2018
- Black Hawks on WJC Preliminary Roster - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Two Former Lancers Named to Preliminary Team USA World Junior Championship Roster - Omaha Lancers
- Former Stampede Defenseman Jack St. Ivany Named to U.S. World Junior Roster - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Three Former Stars Named to Preliminary Team USA World Junior Championship Roster - Lincoln Stars
- Current & Former USHL Talent Looks to Lead Team USA at 2019 WJC - USHL
- Flying Aces Alumni Selected to Team USA World Junior Roster - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Goals for Military - Green Bay Gamblers
- Rusty's Birthday Party this Saturday Night - Chicago Steel
- Steel Win Eighth Straight, Down RoughRiders 3-2 - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Rally to Earn Point against Des Moines - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.