Former NFL Defensive Lineman Burks Signs with Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed former NFL defensive lineman Izaah Burks for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DL Izaah Burks (6'4", 320, Bowling Green State University) joins the Sugar Skulls for his first season with the team, and his second in the IFL. Before entering Indoor Football, Burks spent time on both the Packers and Giants practice squads between 2017 and 2018. In two years since then, Burks has played in the AAF (Orlando), XFL (Dallas) and IFL (Iowa).
Prior to his professional career, Burks spent his college career at Bowling Green State. The Cincinatti, Ohio native played in 46 games, starting 16, and racking up 90 tackles, 4.5 sacks and three passes defended across a four-year college career.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from January 7, 2021
- Storm Add Powerful Duo in the Backfield - Sioux Falls Storm
- Former NFL Defensive Lineman Burks Signs with Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Pirates Sign McCray to Offensive Line - Massachusetts Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Former NFL Defensive Lineman Burks Signs with Tucson
- First-Team All-IFL WR Balentine Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Tucson Native, OL Rosales Re-Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan