Former Clippers Manager Rick Down Passes Away
The Clippers are saddened by the loss of Rick Down, former manager of the Clippers, who passed away on Saturday after a lengthy illness. He was 68.
Down managed the Clippers in parts of 1989 and 1990, and the entirety of the 1991 and 1992 seasons. He ranks first all-time in Clippers history with a .619 winning percentage. Down guided the Clippers to three division titles, along with back-to-back Governors' Cup Championships in 1991 and 1992.
We send our deepest condolences to his family during this difficult time.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Bobby Meacham to Return as Bisons Manager in 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Sox Announce Personnel Moves in Player Development and Minor League Field Staffs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- SWB Announces Staff Additions and Role Changes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Sox Add 10 More Non-Roster Invitees to 2019 Spring Training Roster - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Twins Sign Ãlvarez, Telis to Minor League Deals - Rochester Red Wings
- Former Clippers Manager Rick Down Passes Away - Columbus Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Clippers Stories
- Former Clippers Coach Hop Cassady Passes Away
- Bobby Bradley and Eric Haase Named I.L. Postseason All-Stars
- Free Governors' Cup Playoff Tickets Return for 2019 at Huntington Park
- Clipper's Game Suspended
- Bobby Bradley Honored as May International League Player of the Month