Former Clippers Manager Rick Down Passes Away
The Clippers are saddened by the loss of Rick Down, former manager of the Clippers, who passed away on Saturday after a lengthy illness. He was 68.
Down managed the Clippers in parts of 1989 and 1990, and the entirety of the 1991 and 1992 seasons. He ranks first all-time in Clippers history with a .619 winning percentage. Down guided the Clippers to three division titles, along with back-to-back Governors' Cup Championships in 1991 and 1992.
We send our deepest condolences to his family during this difficult time.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Bobby Meacham to Return as Bisons Manager in 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Sox Announce Personnel Moves in Player Development and Minor League Field Staffs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- SWB Announces Staff Additions and Role Changes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Sox Add 10 More Non-Roster Invitees to 2019 Spring Training Roster - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Twins Sign Ãlvarez, Telis to Minor League Deals - Rochester Red Wings
- Former Clippers Manager Rick Down Passes Away - Columbus Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.