Flying Tigers Gerson Moreno and Arvicent Perez Added to Florida State
Lakeland, FL - Flying Tigers closer Gerson Moreno and starting catcher Arvicent Perez have been selected to the 2017 Florida State League All-Star team. Moreno will replace Flying Tigers starting pitcher Beau Burrows who was promoted to Double-A Erie. Perez will replace catcher Alex Jackson of the Florida Fire Frogs who is injured and will not participate in the game.
The Flying Tigers are hosting the 56th annual FSL All-Star Game on Saturday, June 17 at 7:00 p.m. at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium.
Gerson Moreno is currently T-4th in the FSL with 6 saves. He also ranks 7th with 18 appearances and 12 games finished. He has 28 strikeouts in 19.1 innings pitched. Moreno, 21, currently ranks as the #13 prospect in the Detroit Tigers organization by MLB.com.
Arvicent Perez is currently 2nd in the FSL for catchers with a .463 stolen base percentage. He has thrown out 19 of 41 runners attempting to steal. He is currently batting .240 with 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run and 17 RBI. Perez, 23, currently ranks as the #16 prospect in the Detroit Tigers organization by MLB.com.
In addition to Burrows, outfielder Ross Kivett was also selected but was recently promoted to Double-A Erie and will not participate in the game.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 5, 2017
- Clarkin, Hissong Lead Tampa in 6-0 Win Over - Tampa Yankees
- Mets Hold on for 1-0 Win over Fire Frogs - St. Lucie Mets
- Flying Tigers Gerson Moreno and Arvicent Perez Added to Florida State - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Bradenton and Lakeland Postponed - Bradenton Marauders
- Aint No LaValley Low Enough - Daytona Tortugas
- Gavin LaValley Added to FSL All-Star Team - Daytona Tortugas
- 14 Local Schools Read for Over 145,000 minutes - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Long Sheds Blue Jays, 6-5 - Daytona Tortugas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.