Five San Jose Earthquakes Players Undergo Successful Surgical Procedures
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that five players have undergone successful surgical procedures since the conclusion of the 2012 season. The list includes: Steven Beitashour, Sam Garza, Steven Lenhart, Alan Gordon and Cesar Diaz Pizarro.
Beitashour, Garza and Lenhart had separate procedures completed last week. Beitashour had surgery to repair a sports hernia, an injury that he sustained during the 2012 regular season while Garza had surgery on his right wrist to fix a scaphoid fracture. Lenhart had right knee arthroscopy on his lateral meniscus.
Gordon and Diaz Pizarro each had procedures this week, Gordon a left hip arthroscopy to fix a torn labrum and Diaz Pizarro a right knee arthroscopy on his lateral meniscus.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2012
- Four Chivas USA Academy Products Invited to 2012 Winter Showcase - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Five San Jose Earthquakes Players Undergo Successful Surgical Procedures - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs Move Quickly to Bolster Squad - New England Revolution
- Impact to Hold Three-Day Tryout for Sport-Études Program - Montreal Impact
- Former FC Dallas Captain Daniel Hernandez Announces Retirement - FC Dallas
- D.C. United, Branko Boskovic Mutually Agree to Part Ways - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.