Fever Head Coach Lin Dunn To March For Babies
INDIANAPOLIS - Fever Head Coach Lin Dunn has accepted the challenge to raise funds to support March of Dimes in a new partnership between the Indiana Fever and March of Dimes Indianapolis Chapter. Dunn will lead a group of Fever players, Pacers Sports & Entertainment staff and Fever fans on a mission to save babies.
March of Dimes has changed the name of its premier fundraiser, formally WalkAmerica, to March for Babies. Coach Dunn and the Indiana Fever take part in the First March for Babies held on Sunday, April 27 at 1:00 p.m., at IUPUI Track & Soccer Stadium.
On June 7, when the Fever takes on the Houston Comets, the March of Dimes will celebrate the success of March for Babies 2008 by honoring teams' efforts and conducting a reception at Conseco Fieldhouse.
March of Dimes
The March of Dimes mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. March of Dimes carries out its mission through research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies' lives. Its goal is to give babies a fighting chance against: prematurity, birth defects, and low birth weight.
Fever Head Coach Lin Dunn in the Community
Coach Dunn has been actively walking in the community, leading Team Indiana Fever in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday, April 19. She led Fever staff and Fever Season Ticket Holders to raise money and bring awareness to the fight against breast cancer. Coach Dunn has also made numerous appearances speaking to girls and women in the community, motivating them with her life story in the world of sports.
The Indiana Fever hosts a preseason game on May 7 against the Minnesota Lynx (7:00 p.m.). Its regular season opener is May 17 at Conseco Fieldhouse against the Washington Mystics (7:00 p.m.). Led by WNBA All-Stars Tamika Catchings, Katie Douglas and Tammy Sutton-Brown, the Fever bids for its first WNBA Finals appearance after reaching the Eastern Conference Finals in two of the past three seasons. Season tickets are available at FeverBasketball.com or by calling (317) 917-2500.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 22, 2008
- Chicago Sky Weekly Update - Chicago Sky
- Fever Head Coach Lin Dunn To March For Babies - Indiana Fever
- Mystics Acquire Taj McWilliams-Franklin - Washington Mystics
- Sparks Acquire Delisha Milton-Jones From Washington Mystics - Los Angeles Sparks
- Chicago Sky Weekly - Chicago Sky
- Storm Weekly Forecast - Seattle Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Indiana Fever Complete Trades with Las Vegas and Minnesota
- ICRC Acknowledges 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Award Recipients
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team