Chicago Sky Weekly
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky kicks off training camp on Wednesday, April 23, with a limited team roster as many Chicago Sky players finish playing on their respective international teams.
Sky training camp will be held at Attack Athletics, located at 2641 W. Harrison Street. Sky players in attendance will include: Quianna Chaney, Kayte Christensen, Claire Coggins, Amanda Jackson, Chasity Melvin, Stephanie Raymond, Nina Stone and Angela Tisdale.
Reigning WNBA Rookie of the Year Armintie Price, Jia Perkins, Brooke Wyckoff, Carrie Moore and Sylvia Fowles, the Sky's top pick in the 2008 WNBA Draft, will join the team the week of April 28. Fowles comes to camp from China, where she has been playing with USA Basketball's Women's National Team. WNBA All-Star Candice Dupree and Dominique Canty are playing against each other in the Polish league finals and will return to camp in early May. Cathy Joens and center Bernadette Ngoyisa, who played for the Sky in the 2006 season, will also be in camp in early May.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 22, 2008
- Chicago Sky Weekly Update - Chicago Sky
- Fever Head Coach Lin Dunn To March For Babies - Indiana Fever
- Mystics Acquire Taj McWilliams-Franklin - Washington Mystics
- Sparks Acquire Delisha Milton-Jones From Washington Mystics - Los Angeles Sparks
- Chicago Sky Weekly - Chicago Sky
- Storm Weekly Forecast - Seattle Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Select Shyla Heal with 8th Overall Pick in 2021 WNBA Draft Presented by State Farm
- Chicago Sky Announce 2021 Schedule and Format
- Chicago Sky Unveils New Uniforms Ahead of 2021 WNBA Season
- Former WNBA All-Star Tonya Edwards Joins Sky Coaching Staff
- Chicago Sky Bring Back Veteran Center Astou Ndour