Ferrell Scores 23 in Stars Loss to Raptors
ORLANDO - Yogi Ferrell scored a season-high 23 points for the Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, but Raptors 905 prevailed 117-92 on Tuesday morning.
Ferrell and Tyler Bey each scored seven points in the first quarter to stake the Stars to an early 25-16 lead. Raptors 905 came back with a 42-point second quarter, shooting 8-of-13 from 3-point range, to take a 58-50 lead into halftime. The hot shooting continued in the second half as Raptors 905 finished 21-of-41 (51%) from deep to keep the Stars at bay and hold on to the victory.
Trevon Bluiett came off the bench for the Stars to score 17, including five 3-point makes, the most makes from distance by a Stars player this season. Bey, a Dallas Mavericks two-way player, contributed a double-double for the Stars with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Marcus Graves tied his season-high with six assists to go along with 10 points in just 19 minutes off the bench.
All five Raptors 905 starters scored in double-digits, led by Jalen Harris' 32. Big men Alize Johnson and Henry Ellenson each recorded a double-double as Johnson scored 13 and pulled in 22 rebounds along with eight assists while Ellenson had 16 points and 12 boards.
The Stars have Friday off before facing Jeremy Lin and the Santa Cruz Warriors on Saturday at the NBA G League single-site in Orlando. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. (MT) and is available to be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Trio of King Triples Punctuate Westchester's 121-113 OT Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Comeback to Beat Mad Ants, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Fall After Late Santa Cruz Rally - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ferrell Scores 23 in Stars Loss to Raptors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Samanic Leads Spurs over Rio Grande Valley, 104-101 - Austin Spurs
- Greensboro Swarm to Broadcast Four 2021 NBA G League Single-Site Games Locally on WMYV My48 - Greensboro Swarm
- JPMorgan Chase Becomes Naming Rights Partner of Chase Fieldhouse - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall to Blue 120-106 Despite Career Night from Ahmad Caver - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Gets Hot from Three in Win against Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Coats Improve to NBA G League-Best 5-0 with Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic
- Yogi Ferrell Scores 29 in Salt Lake City Stars Victory
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite