Warriors Comeback to Beat Mad Ants, 113-109
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (3-3) beat the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (1-5) Thursday afternoon in a comeback win, 113-109. Golden State Warriors assignment guard Jordan Poole set a new career-high and the G League individual season-high with 37 points (12-for-21 FG) in the win.
Santa Cruz took their first lead of the game with 5:40 to go in the fourth (94-92) and went back and forth the remainder of the game. Poole, Jeremy Lin and Isaiah Reese each knocked down two free throws in the final 30-seconds to earn the four-point victory.
Santa Cruz started the game one-for-nine (.111 FG) including five turnovers trailing by eight, 33-25, after one quarter of play. The Mad Ants were able to maintain their eight-point advantage into halftime (57-49) while the Warriors gave up 14 first half turnovers and shot 16-for-42 (.381 FG).
The Mad Ants used a 16-6 run in the first five minutes of the third quarter to extend the lead to 18 points however Santa Cruz was able to cut the lead to five (85-80), behind Poole's 17 third quarter points.
Lin finished the game with 27 points (4-for-8 3FG) and seven assists. Reese added four points and five assists. Kaleb Wesson came off the bench to earn his fourth double-double of the season (10 points, 15 rebounds). Rookie Eli Pemberton scored his first G League points and finished the game with four points and three rebounds.
The Mad Ants had all five starters in double figures, led by Pacers assignment guard Jalen Lecque (25 points, five rebounds). Oshae Brissett added 20 points and 12 rebounds. Pacers two-way Brian Bowen II finished with 12 points (5-13 FG).
Santa Cruz will face the Salt Lake City Stars on February 20 at 4:30 p.m. (PST) on NBC Sports Bay Area Plus. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Trio of King Triples Punctuate Westchester's 121-113 OT Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Comeback to Beat Mad Ants, 113-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Fall After Late Santa Cruz Rally - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ferrell Scores 23 in Stars Loss to Raptors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Samanic Leads Spurs over Rio Grande Valley, 104-101 - Austin Spurs
- Greensboro Swarm to Broadcast Four 2021 NBA G League Single-Site Games Locally on WMYV My48 - Greensboro Swarm
- JPMorgan Chase Becomes Naming Rights Partner of Chase Fieldhouse - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Fall to Blue 120-106 Despite Career Night from Ahmad Caver - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Gets Hot from Three in Win against Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Coats Improve to NBA G League-Best 5-0 with Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Recall Jordan Poole and Transfer Nico Mannion to Golden State
- Warriors Beat Spurs 109-104 and Extend Win Streak to Eight
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets
- Warriors Hold off Hustle and Extend Win Streak to Six, 116-111
- Warriors Beat Wolves and Earn Fifth Straight Win, 108-95