FC Dallas Players Nanu and Szabolcs Schön Called into National Team Duty
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas defender Nanu (Guinea-Bissau) and winger Szabolcs Schön (Hungary) have been called up to represent their respective countries in the upcoming FIFA international window running from May 30 through June 14.
Haga clic aquí para obtener una versión de este comunicado en español.
Nanu, 28, has appeared in nine MLS matches, including four starts, after signing with FC Dallas on loan from FC Porto for the 2022 season. He made his FC Dallas debut in the home opener against Toronto FC on Feb. 26, playing the final 11 minutes of the 1-1 draw. He's recorded two assists in 395 minutes played.
Nanu, who was born in Portugal, has been capped 17 times by the Guinea-Bissau National Team. He made his senior team debut for the Djurtus in an international friendly against Angola on June 8, 2019. Guinea-Bissau will face Mauritius (June 9) and Sierra Leone (June 13) for the first two group stage matches of the Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers.
Schön, 21, has appeared in 26 matches overall for FC Dallas, including both 2022 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup matches, since signing with the club in April 2021. He's recorded six MLS assists in 947 minutes played.
Schön has eight appearances overall for the Magyars, after making his senior team debut in an international friendly against Ireland on June 8, 2021. Schön started in the World Cup qualifying match against Andorra on Sept. 8 and recorded his first assist in the 18th minute of the 2-1 win. Hungary will play League A of the third edition of the UEFA Nations League. The Magyars will face England (June 4 and 14), Italy (June 7) and Germany (June 11).
International Matches Schedule
Date Match Venue Time (CT)
June 4 Hungary vs. England Puskás Aréna Park (Budapest, Hungary) 11:00 AM
June 7 Hungary at Italy Stadio Dino Manuzzi (Cesena, Italy) 1:45 PM
June 9 Guinea-Bissau vs. Mauritius Grand Stade de Marrakech (Ouahat Sidi Brahim, Morocco) 7:00 AM
June 11 Hungary vs. Germany Puskás Aréna Park (Budapest, Hungary) 1:45 PM
June 13 Guinea-Bissau at Sierra Leone Stade Général Lansana Conté (Conakry, Guinea) 11:00 AM
June 14 Hungary at England Molineux Stadium (Wolverhampton, England) 1:45 PM
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 18, 2022
- Ronny Reaction: "Today We Showed How to Win Away." - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire FC Battle New York Red Bulls to 3-3 Draw at Red Bull Arena - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Earns Point on the Road against Philadelphia Union - Inter Miami CF
- Blake Earns Fifth Clean Sheet of the Season; Union Remain Undefeated at Subaru Park This Season - Philadelphia Union
- Post-Game Notes: Red Bulls Draw Chicago Fire FC, 3-3, at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- NYCFC Blanks D.C. United - New York City FC
- D.C. United Acquire Loudoun United Defender Sami Guediri on Loan - D.C. United
- Timbers Take on San Jose Earthquakes at PayPal Park Tonight - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Players Nanu and Szabolcs Schön Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Faces Houston Dynamo FC Tonight in Midweek Matchup at PNC Stadium - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Host Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Charlotte FC to Host Chelsea FC at Bank of America Stadium on July 20 - Charlotte FC
- Injury Report: Two out for D.C. - New York City FC
- Toyota Stadium to Host LA INVASION Tour Headlined by Banda El Recodo and Gerardo Ortiz - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: May 18, 2022 - New England Revolution
- Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Grants $20,000 to Local Performing Arts & Social Change Organization "The Theater Offensive" - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: MLS NEXT Flex - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Foundation, CoServ, Friends of Rob, Gallagher and UMB Bank Unveil 10th Field at My Possibilities
- FC Dallas Partners with iHeartMedia Dallas to Broadcast Matches on Talk Radio 1190AM KFXR
- FC Dallas Exercise Permanent Transfer on Goalkeeper Maarten Paes
- FC Dallas Earns Hard-Fought Point on the Road in 2-2 Draw with Austin FC
- Seventeen FC Dallas Players Available for Selection for 2022 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target