FC Dallas Acquires Cornell Glen from MetroStars in exchange for 12th Pick at 2005 SuperDraft
Dallas, Tex. FC Dallas President and General Manager Greg Elliott announced today that the club has acquired forward Cornell Glen from the MetroStars in exchange for the 12th overall selection in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft (in which the MetroStars selected Tim Ward). Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Cornell is a full international with a lot of exciting talent to him, said FC Dallas Head Coach Colin Clarke. It should be fun to watch him and Eddie (Johnson) running around up top together.
Hes a player that can turn the game for you and has the strength and the size that we are looking for.
Glen, 25, appeared in 18 matches (10 starts) with the MetroStars last season, tallying six goals and two assists for 14 points with 42 shots and 21 shots on goal. Among team leaders, Glen ranked fourth in goals, points, shots and shots on goal. Last season, was Glens first in Major League Soccer
The Port of Spain, Trinidad native spent the 2002-2003 with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh of the Trinidad and Tobago First Division. In 2002-2003, Glen led his team to two consecutive league championships to mark the only titles in team history, scoring 26 goals in 2003 and 11 in 2002. The 5-9, 160-pound forward has also scored one goal with the Trinidad and Tobago National Team.
FC Dallas, a charter member club of Major League Soccer, will begin play in the new 21,193 seat soccer stadium in the spring of 2005. The 117-acre facility will be located at the intersection of Main Street and Dallas North Tollway in Frisco. The Frisco Soccer & Entertainment Center will accommodate Major League Soccer matches, major concerts, international soccer matches and High School football. Adjacent to the stadium will be 17 regulation size, tournament-grade soccer fields which will be utilized on a year-round basis. Join us as we celebrate Major League Soccers 10th season. For more information, log on to fcdallas.net or call Mark Janko at (214) 777-0203.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2005
- MetroStars Acquire 12th Overall Pick in 2005 MLS SuperDraft from FC Dallas in Exchange for Glen - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Acquires Cornell Glen from MetroStars in exchange for 12th Pick at 2005 SuperDraft - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Marquinhos Pedroso Undergoes Successful Offseason Surgery to Repair Core Muscle Injury
- Applications Are Open for FC Dallas Foundation Community Action Grants Presented by CornerStone Staffing
- Chris Richards to Join U.S. U-20s Squad for Qualification Stage
- Carlos Gruezo, Maynor Figueroa Called into National Team Duty
- Reggie Cannon Called to U.S. Men's National Team Duty