FC Cincinnati Sign Macissé Diop to Represent Club in eMLS Competitions
FC Cincinnati have signed Macissé 'Cissé' Diop to represent FCC as the club's eMLS player for the 2022 season.
Better known by his gamer tag, CisséSZN, Diop brings three years of eMLS experience to the club. He represented Sporting Kansas City in 2019 and spent the past two seasons with Philadelphia Union.
"I am over the moon to be joining FC Cincinnati and honored that I will be the one to represent them for the 2022 season," Cissé Diop said. "The reason I wanted to join the Orange and Blue is because even as a fairly new club, its vision to make Cincinnati a championship city and ambition to be a disruptive club are strongly aligned with my own. I'm prepared to go the extra mile to win and I'm glad to be associated with a club willing to follow me on that road to victory."
His competitive FIFA eSports career began in 2016 while a full-time college student at Rutgers University. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance degree in December 2020. Over his playing career, he has attended numerous international FIFA tournaments on three continents, including qualifying for the first two FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) 2017 Regionals in Miami and Vancouver and for the 2018 FIFA Interactive World Cup (FIWC) Americas tournament in Los Angeles, which he was unable to attend due to personal reasons.
With Sporting Kansas City in 2019, he qualified for the FUT Champions Cup, the eChampions League and earned a top-64 PS4 global series ranking. In 2021, with Philadelphia Union, he finished top-4 in eMLS League Series One, top-8 in the eMLS Cup and had a top-32 PS4 ranking in North America.
Born in Boston to Senegalese parents, Diop played on the pitch with one of Senegal's most prestigious soccer academies, Diambars FC. He and his family moved to Johannesburg, South Africa where he was raised and graduated from the French International High School in 2015. He can impressively speak four languages: English, French, Spanish and Wolof.
"First and foremost I would like the fans to know that when I compete, I always give it my absolute all, and make it look fun and exciting while I'm at it," Diop said. "People would describe my style as flashy, fun to watch and that's what I'm bringing to the fans. I am here to hopefully make a mark on this club, leave a legacy, and for that to happen, I will need the FC Cincinnati fans to be ready to go to war with me."
To celebrate this signing, FC Cincinnati is giving away a FIFA 2022 Ultimate Edition code for PS4 or PS5, you can enter to win here.
The 2022 Major League Soccer season will kick off on Saturday, Feb. 26, which marks the earliest ever start to an MLS season, designed to align with the 2022 international soccer calendar, which will see the FIFA World Cup begin in Qatar on Nov. 21.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art TQL Stadium are now available at TQLstadium.com. 2022 Season Tickets are on sale now, visit fccincinnati.com or call the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2021
- Nashville Soccer Club Inks Hyundai as Sleeve Patch Partner and a Founding Partner - Nashville SC
- Paulo Nagamura Ends Tenure as Sporting KC II Head Coach - Sporting Kansas City
- Austin FC Re-Sign John "Xverde" Garcia for 2022 eMLS Season - Austin FC
- LAFC and Bob Bradley Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew Inflates Seasonal Bubble over Historic Crew Stadium's Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake to Host Watch Parties for Tuesday MLS Cup Playoff Match at Seattle - Real Salt Lake
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: November 18, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Brad Stuver Named Austin FC Defensive Player of the Year - Austin FC
- Concacaf Announces Details for 2022 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Draw - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Academy Product Ricardo Pepi Named MLS Young Player of the Year - MLS
- FC Dallas Academy Product Ricardo Pepi Named MLS Young Player of the Year - FC Dallas
- A Historic Occasion for Charlotte and the Carolinas - Charlotte FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Macissé Diop to Represent Club in eMLS Competitions - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte FC to Play Inaugural Home Match against Five-Time MLS Champion LA Galaxy on March 5, 2022 - Charlotte FC
- LA Galaxy to Play Charlotte FC in Its Inaugural Home Match at Bank of America Stadium on March 5, 2022 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.