FC Cincinnati Acquire $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami CF
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati have acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money, a 2020 MLS SuperDraft third-round selection and the 26th pick of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft (Stage 1) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for the rights to midfielder Victor Ulloa and the first pick of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft (Stage 1).
"We are grateful for what Victor brought to this club both on and off the pitch, we wish him all the best with his new opportunity in Miami," FC Cincinnati General Manager Gerard Nijkamp said. "This move gives us an opportunity to have both better balance and more flexibility in our roster construction ahead of the 2020 MLS season."
Ulloa, 27, made 26 appearances, including 22 starts, for the Orange and Blue in the club's first MLS season. The midfielder scored one goal and added two assists while logging the fourth-most minutes among all FCC players.
In addition to general allocation money, FC Cincinnati also receive Inter Miami CF's natural third-round selection (53rd overall) in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft. With their lone third-round selection in 2019, FC Cincinnati drafted Rashawn Dally.
The two clubs also traded selections in Stage 1 of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft. The Re-Entry Process (Stage 1 and Stage 2) is conducted in reverse order of 2019 season finish, taking into account postseason performance. The list of players eligible for selection in the Re-Entry Process - Stage 1 will be released by MLS Communications on Nov. 22.
FC Cincinnati will return to the field in early 2020 for their second MLS season. Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 season are now on sale to the general public at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK). A 2020 Season Ticket Membership also secures fans' place on the club's priority list, which will be utilized when sales begin in the new West End Stadium for the 2021 season.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati.
Transaction: FC Cincinnati acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money, a 2020 MLS SuperDraft third-round selection and the 26th pick of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft (Stage 1) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for the rights to midfielder Victor Ulloa and the first pick of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft (Stage 1) on Nov. 11, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 11, 2019
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Midfielder Victor Ulloa from FC Cincinnati - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 11, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Invited to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Called up to International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Sign 14-Year-Old Goalkeeper Emmanuel Ochoa as Homegrown Player - San Jose Earthquakes
- Matt Turner Named to U.S. Men's National Team's Final Roster for CONCACAF Nations League Matches - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Acquire $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami CF - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes to Offer Military Discount on 2020 Season Tickets - San Jose Earthquakes
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC to Potentially Add Players During Two-Day MLS Trade Window - Nashville SC
- Leonardo Bertone earns FC Cincinnati's Goal of the Year - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- More Classic FC Cincinnati Games Return to WSTR Star64 on Saturday
- Social Second-Screen Shows Planned for Weekend Star64 Encores
- WSTR Star64 to Re-Air Classic FC Cincinnati Games this Weekend
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Raising Funds for West End Student Meals
- Kubo scores first MLS goal as Orange and Blue come up short against Atlanta