Inter Miami CF Acquires Midfielder Victor Ulloa from FC Cincinnati
Inter Miami CF announced today it has acquired midfielder Victor Ulloa and the No. 1 overall pick in Stage One of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft in a trade with FC Cincinnati.
In exchange, Inter Miami has sent $50,000 General Allocation Money (GAM), a natural third-round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft and the 26th overall pick in Stage One of the Re-Entry Draft to Cincinnati.
"Victor brings valuable experience and league knowledge to our roster," said Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough. "He is a proven defensive midfielder with quality leadership skills we value at our organization."
Ulloa joined FC Cincinnati in December 2018 ahead of its inaugural season in MLS after an eight-year stay with FC Dallas. In his lone season with the club he made 26 appearances and registered one goal and two assists.
The 27-year-old Mexican American is a product of FC Dallas' Academy, where he became the first Homegrown player in franchise history and the eight in MLS to reach 100 appearances on June 3, 2017. Ulloa also became the seventh Homegrown player in MLS to play 10,000 minutes in 2018.
He signed his first professional contract in 2010 and made his First Team debut for FC Dallas in October 2011. Ulloa made 173 appearances in all competitions, tallying six goals and seven assists from his midfield position. He helped guide the club to the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup title and the 2016 Supporters' Shield.
With this signing, Inter Miami has six players on its inaugural roster as well as the No. 1 overall pick in Stage One of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft. The Club also maintains control of its first, second and fourth round picks in the SuperDraft.
Inter Miami, formally known as Club Internacional de FÃºtbol Miami, will make its MLS debut in March 2020. The team will play at its new Fort Lauderdale Stadium until the Miami stadium is complete. For more information on how to secure season tickets, visit intermiamicf.com/tickets or call an Inter Miami sales representative at 305-428-0611.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 11, 2019
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Midfielder Victor Ulloa from FC Cincinnati - Inter Miami
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 11, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Invited to Mexico U-18 Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Called up to International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Sign 14-Year-Old Goalkeeper Emmanuel Ochoa as Homegrown Player - San Jose Earthquakes
- Matt Turner Named to U.S. Men's National Team's Final Roster for CONCACAF Nations League Matches - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Acquire $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami CF - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes to Offer Military Discount on 2020 Season Tickets - San Jose Earthquakes
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC to Potentially Add Players During Two-Day MLS Trade Window - Nashville SC
- Leonardo Bertone earns FC Cincinnati's Goal of the Year - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami Stories
- Inter Miami CF Officially Introduces Head Coach Diego Alonso
- Inter Miami CF's Inaugural Preseason Officially Kicks Off
- Inter Miami CF Announces 2020 Preseason Training Camp Schedule
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Announces Diego Alonso's Full Technical Staff