Fargo Force Week 16 Preview
The Force head down to Nebraska this weekend for a pair of games vs. the conference leading Tri-City Storm. The Force are on a hot streak going 4-1 in their last 5 games, concluding last weekend's 3 game road trip with a 4-3 win over the Musketeers on Saturday and a 2-1 OT win over the Stampede on Sunday. Tri-City put up a pair of wins on the road last weekend as well, the teams will head into the weekend both looking to extend their win streaks.
The last time Fargo and Tri-City faced off was back in late November on Force home ice. The Storm took game one with a 3-2 victory on Friday night followed by a 5-4 OT Force victory on Saturday night snapping Tri-City's then 10 game win streak.
Tri-City is led in scoring by forwards Jeremy Wilmer (11G-26A) Cole O'Hara (13G-21A) and defenseman Mitchell Miller (12G-19A), Miller is also on a point streak adding his name to the scoresheet in each of their last 6 games. Their goaltender Arsenii Sergeev currently leads the league with 18 wins, a 1.60GAA and a .932SV%.
The Force are led by Bret Link (11G-14A), Cole Knuble (9G-11A) and Andre Gasseau (10G-7A). Also moving up the point scoring leaderboard for the Force is newcomer German Yavash who has 3 goals and 6 assists for 9 points in just 9 games played so far this season.
Following this weekend's contests the Force return to home ice for a pair of games vs. the Sioux City Musketeers on Friday, Jan 21 and Saturday, Jan 22. Friday night it's boy scout night, come to Scheels Arena to supports local troops and cheer on the Force! Saturday it's one of the biggest events of the season, Hometown Heroes Night! Visit www.fargoforce.com/hometownheroes to find out more and CLICK HERE to buy tickets now, you won't want to miss this!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Hawks Fall in DM, 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Lancers Point Streak Comes to an End in Sioux City - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Stopped by Lincoln on Home Ice - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Mehlenbacher Nabs a Pair, Lumberjacks Steamroll Team USA by a 7-2 Thrashing - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Fargo Force Week 16 Preview - Fargo Force
- Friday, January 14 Game Rescheduled for Thursday, March 24 - Chicago Steel
- Caps Set to Meet Roughriders for First Time this Season - Madison Capitols
- Storm Set to Host Force on Painted Ice - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.