Evan Foster Joins Red and White
The Calgary Stampeders have signed national defensive lineman Evan Foster.
The Stamps have also added national offensive lineman Zack Williams to the practice roster.
Here is more information on the players, who are both products of the University of Manitoba:
Born: Oct. 16, 1991
Birthplace: Chilliwack, BC
Foster was selected in the third round (19th overall) by the Toronto Argonauts in the 2017 CFL draft. He appeared in nine games over two seasons for the Argos and recorded one special-teams tackle.
Foster was a three-time Canada West all-star at Manitoba as he was honoured in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Over those three all-star seasons, he recorded 96.5 tackles including 19 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, three fumble recoveries and one forced fumble. In his final season with the Bisons, Foster recorded 38.5 tackles, four sacks and one forced fumble in eight games.
Prior to enrolling at Manitoba, he played junior football in B.C. with the Langley Rams and Vancouver Island Raiders.
Born: Mar. 2, 1997
Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB
Williams officially rejoins the team after being released from the practice roster on Aug. 13. He had remained in Calgary since that time to rehab an injury. Williams was the Stamps' selection in the third round (28th overall) of the 2019 draft.
Williams was a Canada West all-star in 2018 as he helped Manitoba accumulate 1,345 rushing yards - just 21 yards shy of the conference lead - and an average of 467.3 yards of total offence per game. It was the Winnipeg product's fourth season at Manitoba after a stint with the Winnipeg Rifles juniors.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 17, 2019
- First 20,000 Fans Receive Commemorative Ricky Ray Flags Friday Night - Edmonton Eskimos
- Evan Foster Joins Red and White - Calgary Stampeders
- Stamps Duo Honoured by CFL - Calgary Stampeders
- Shaw CFL Top Performers for Week 14 Announced - CFL
- Kevin Anderson Released - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Blue Bombers to Host Annual Fan Appreciation Day - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Argos Add Six to Extended Practice Roster - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Stampeders Stories
- Stamps Face Bombers in Regular-Season Home Finale
- Simpson Signs Contract; Retires as Stampeder
- New CFL Award Named After Longtime Member of Stampeders Organization
- Stamps Look to Wrangle Roughriders
- Three Tailgate Events Make Party Bigger Than Ever at 2019 Grey Cup Festival Presented by Shaw