Epic Comeback Sends Baysox to Thrilling 7-5 Win
Reading, PA - The great Jack Buck once said - "I can't believe what I just saw." A crowd of close to 6,000 Reading faithful echoed those sentiments as the Baysox stunningly rallied from four down in the ninth inning to win 7-5 in the series opener.
With Aderlin Rodriguez aboard and one down, Anderson Feliz doubled him home on a hard groundball down the left field line scoring Rodriguez to make it 5-2, Reading. With two down, Feliz remained at second base. But the Baysox were down but not out.
Erick Salcedo walked, Ryan McKenna singled loading the bases and pinch-hitter D'arby Myers singled bringing home two runs and Bowie was within 5-4. A fourth consecutive batter was down to his final strike - this time COrban Joseph. He lined a single over the shortstop's head and the game was tied at 5-apiece.
Reliver Jeff Singer was lifted for Luke Leftwich and Ryan Mountcastle was waiting. Mountcastle, who extended his hit streak to 13 games earlier, lined a two-RBI double to right-center on the first pitch he saw to lift the Baysox to the improbable 7-5 win.
Branden Kline came on and shut the door for his seventh save of the year. Tanner Chleborad (4-0) worked a scoreless eighth inning for his fourth win. This was after Brian Gonzalez got through seven innings in his start.
The Baysox will try to follow up this dramatic win Friday, July 13th as RHP Christian Binford gets the start. Coverage will begin 20-minutes prior on wnav.com, milb.com and via the Tune-In Radio App by searching Baysox.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Early Lead Fizzles in 'Cats Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Stun Fightin Phils with Six in the Ninth - Reading Fightin Phils
- Errors Send Erie off the Rails in 10-2 Loss - Erie SeaWolves
- Chavis Homers in Sea Dogs 5-4 Win over New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Thunder Win on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - Trenton Thunder
- Walk-Off Wild Pitch Sinks Squirrels - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Epic Comeback Sends Baysox to Thrilling 7-5 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Collier's Amazing Catch Clinches 4-3 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- RubberDucks Stop Binghamton, 3-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Ducks Start Strong, Paddle Past Ponies - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Zach Collier Saves Night for Senators - Hartford Yard Goats
- Caldwell, Zehner Rejoin Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #88 - Rumble Ponies (43-44) at RubberDucks (51-38) - 7:05 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Notes vs. Altoona July 12 - Erie SeaWolves
- July 12-July 18 Senators Homestand Preview - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 12th vs. New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves Return Home Tonight to UPMC Park - Erie SeaWolves
- West Wins All-Star Classic on Special Swing-Off - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.