Energy End 2008 with Big Win in OT
DES MOINES, Iowa, December 31, 2008- A battle between two of the top teams in the NBA D-League ended with the Energy defeating the Bakersfield Jam, 134 to 131 in an overtime win at Wells Fargo Arena on Wednesday night. The Energy continue to lead the Central Division with an 8-1 record.
Cartier Martin, Courtney Sims, Larry Ayuso, Curtis Stinson, and Othyus Jeffers all scored in double digits, with Sims also recording a double-double.
The Energy led for the first quarter, but a comeback by the Jam forced the game into overtime. Player of the Game, Othyus Jeffers came up big with a three pointer in overtime to help the Energy take the lead.
Bakersfield also had five players scoring in double digits including Trey Johnson, Derrick Byars, Nick Lewis, Mateen Cleaves, and Jeff Trepagnier. Bakersfield's record now stands at 10-3.
The Energy will travel next to Fort Wayne, followed by a visit to Orem, Utah for the D-League Showcase. They will return home on January 15th to battle Anaheim at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2008
- Wizards End Year on High Note - Dakota Wizards
- Energy End 2008 with Big Win in OT - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Jersey Auction to Benefit VAMOS Fund - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Arsenal Team Up With City Of Anaheim For 120th Rose Parade - Anaheim Arsenal
- Thunderbirds Start the New Year on the Road - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Red Panda And Hornets To Take Over Vipers Games This Weekend - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.