Red Panda And Hornets To Take Over Vipers Games This Weekend
HIDALGO, TEXAS - The NBA D-League Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced today promotional plans for the team's Friday and Saturday night home games against the Albuquerque Thunderbirds at Dodge Arena. Both games will start at 7:00 p.m. with doors opening at 6:00.
On Friday, the first 2,000 fans will receive a rally towel courtesy of Tierra Santa Golf Course before Red Panda, an acrobat juggling unicyclist, who has been the featured show in NBA arenas around the country, entertains the crowd at halftime.
On Saturday, the Vipers play the second-half of a back-to-back with the Thunderbirds in an NBA affiliate night game in which the Vipers will sport New Orleans Hornets uniforms and the crowd will be entertained by the Hornets' mascot, Hugo the Hornet, and the team's dance squad, the Honeybees. The uniforms will be auctioned off after the game with the proceeds going to charity. The first 1,000 fans will receive t-shirts courtesy of San Juan Pharmacy.
At both games, fans will have a chance to win basketballs autographed by basketball Hall of Famers George Gervin and Rick Barry and kids will receive thundersticks courtesy of Lone Star National Bank.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2008
- Wizards End Year on High Note - Dakota Wizards
- Energy End 2008 with Big Win in OT - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Jersey Auction to Benefit VAMOS Fund - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Arsenal Team Up With City Of Anaheim For 120th Rose Parade - Anaheim Arsenal
- Thunderbirds Start the New Year on the Road - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Red Panda And Hornets To Take Over Vipers Games This Weekend - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.