Ems Plagued by Long Ball, Fall to Sox 6-3
EUGENE, OR - In another back-and-forth effort, the Everett Aquasox overcame the Eugene Emeralds by a 6-3 final in front of 3,250 at Funko Field.
For the first time in the series, the Ems struck first offensively, plating a run in the 3rd thanks to an RBI double from Yovanny Cuevas, scoring Pedro Martinez for a 1-0 lead.
Everett would immediately answer in the bottom of the frame, as Cesar Izturis Jr. tripled home Patrick Frick to tie up the game at 1 apiece.
The Aquasox would then rely on the home run ball the rest of the way, as Carter Bins started the effort with a 2-run blast to left in the 4th to push the Sox out in front. Juan Camacho would add a solo home run in the 7th before Connor Hoover laced a 2-run shot to right in the 8th, pushing Everett ahead for the 6-3 final.
Grayson Byrd picked up an RBI single in the effort for the Emeralds, as the Ems also picked up a solo home run from Yovanny Cuevas in the 5th, his first long ball of the season.
The finale of the 4-game series will begin at 7:05pm on Monday, and all of the action can be heard live on 95.3 The Score.
Tickets to Emeralds home games are on sale now at www.EmeraldsBaseball.com or by calling (541) 342-5367.
Stay up to date with the Emeralds by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Eugene Emeralds are the short-season Class A affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. The Ems won their second NWL Championship in the past three seasons in 2018, defeating the Spokane Indians three games to none. The Eugene Emeralds are dedicated to providing the best in family entertainment and won the Larry MacPhail Award in 2018, awarded to the club with the top promotional efforts in all of Minor League Baseball. For more information, please visit our website at www.EmeraldsBaseball.com or call the Emeralds front office at 541-342-5367.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Promo Preview: Season's Final Homestand Full of Fun - Eugene Emeralds
- Clear the Container | Ems Holding Massive Merch Sale - Eugene Emeralds
- Volcanoes Drop First Game of Series 7-1 to Canadians - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Crim's Slam Leads Spokane Past Hops 7-4 - Hillsboro Hops
- Late-Inning Magic from the Dust Devils Propel Them to a 4-2 Win over the Hawks - Boise Hawks
- Ems Plagued by Long Ball, Fall to Sox 6-3 - Eugene Emeralds
- Eighth Inning Rally Clinches Win - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Crim's Grand Slam Makes the Difference in 7-4 Win - Spokane Indians
- Frogs Jump Ahead in Series, 6-3 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.