Edwards Continues to Dominate in Arsenal Victory
ANAHEIM, CA - Corsley Edwards turned in another dominating performance as he recorded his ninth straight double-double in Anaheim's 111-103 victory over Albuquerque Saturday night at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Edwards scored a season high 30 points and grabbed 12 rebounds before fouling out of the game with 2:22 left in the final quarter. Jawad Williams added 22 points for the Arsenal. Majic Dorsey also had one of his best games of the year, coming off the bench and scoring 15 points in just 16 minutes of action.
"I felt we played well as a team tonight" said forward Corsley Edwards. "Every one was supportive of one another which led to the great teamwork and the win."
The T-Birds were led by Chris Rodgers' game-high 31 points, as he put on a clinic from the free throw line, making 19 of 20. Rodgers also added seven rebounds. The T-Birds also got contributions from Jamaal Thomas who scored 16, and Brandon Robinson, who scored 14 points and collected 11 rebounds.
"We came out ready to play" said Arsenal head coach Larry Smith. "We played good defense, made things happen when they needed to be done, and his some big shots."
Although both teams shot the ball well and had standout performances from Edwards and Rodgers, the game was swamped by a large amount of foul calls. There were a total of 71 fouls called throughout the course of the game (38 for the T-Birds, 33 for the Arsenal) which partially led to the ejection of T-Birds head coach Michael Cooper in the fourth quarter.
The Arsenal (7-10) will look to add a second straight win on Sunday when they take on the Wizards of Dakota at 3 p.m. in Anaheim. The T-Birds (7-9) will be in action again on Friday night when they play the Colorado 14ers in Albuquerque.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 6, 2007
- Edwards Continues to Dominate in Arsenal Victory - Anaheim Arsenal
- 14ers Bury Bakersfield - Colorado 14ers
- Flyers Top RimRockers - Fort Worth Flyers
- Tulsa tops Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Thunderbirds Forward is Fourth GATORADE Call-Up This Season - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Austin Adds Veteran Center Woods - Austin Spurs
- Hawks Sign Albuquerque Forward Thompson - G League
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Former Thunderbird Troy Bell rings up victory for Austin - New Mexico Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.