Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
The Bowie Baysox scored six runs in the first three innings then held off the Senators for a 7-5 win Friday night at FNB Field. The Baysox lead the best of five series 2-1. Anderson Feliz hit a two-run HR in the first for Bowie and followed that with a three-run home run in the second. Rhett Wiseman hit a three-run home run for the Senators in the eighth to close the Bowie lead to 7-5 but the Senators couldn't get any closer.
On Capitol Hill
Mario Sanchez started and was touched for six runs on seven hits including the two home runs by Feliz.
Bryan Bonnell pitched three scoreless innings allowing two hits and an unearned run.
Frankie Bartow tossed two scoreless innings and Jordan Mills finished the game with a scoreless ninth.
The Sens bullpen tossed six innings allowing four hits and an unearned run.
With the Gavel
Luis Garcia went 3-for-4 with an RBI.
Rhett Wiseman had two hits including a three-run home run.
The Senators went 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position.
- Bowie leads the series 2-1.
- Since 1987, the Senators 17-9 in elimination games.
- Jakson Reetz made his Double-A debut and became the 65th player to appear in a Senators uniform.
The Senators play game four of the Western Division Championship Series at FNB Field Saturday at 3 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:55 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Thunder Sweep Way into Championship Series - Trenton Thunder
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder sweep Fightins with 12-2 win to advance to Eastern League Championship Series - Reading Fightin Phils
- Feliz's Two Homers Put Baysox on the Brink of the Pennant - Bowie Baysox
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Expected to Host First Triple Rehab in Franchise History on Friday - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Invited to Remain Nationals Double-A Affiliate
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS