Eagles Make Multi-Player Swap with Sagueneens
SYDNEY - On the final day of the QMJHL trading period, the Cape Breton Eagles have completed a trade with the Chicoutimi Saguenéens.
The Eagles have traded forward Félix Lafrance (2001-06-21) to Chicoutimi in exchange for goaltender Rémi Delafontaine (2004-02-10), forward Mark Rumsey (2001-08-13), and Charlottetown's second round draft pick in 2022.
This season Lafrance collected 19 points in 15 games with the Eagles. He was originally acquired from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada during the 2017-18 season, and he has recorded 86 points through 133 games (132 of them with Cape Breton.)
Rumsey was acquired by Chicoutimi from Acadie-Bathurst earlier in the day for a sixth round draft choice. He is in second full QMJHL season and this year has six points through 14 games with Acadie-Bathurst.
Delafontaine was chosen by Chicoutimi in the second round (33rd overall) in the 2020 draft. Last season he posted a goals against average of 1.93 and a save percentage of 926 with Magog in the Quebec midget AAA league.
Stay tuned to Cape Breton Eagles social media for updates regarding the team and the 2020-21 QMJHL season.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2021
- Sea Dogs Acquire Three First Round Picks in Trade with Phoenix - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Videotron Team of the Week Named for Week 10 - QMJHL
- Eagles Announce Details as Club Returns to Play this Weekend - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Returning to Action this Weekend - Halifax Mooseheads
- QMJHL Announces Schedule Changes in the Maritimes - QMJHL
- Samuel Hlavaj Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 10 - QMJHL
- Eagles Make Multi-Player Swap with Sagueneens - Cape Breton Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.