Eagles Announce Details as Club Returns to Play this Weekend
SYDNEY - Public Health officials of Nova Scotia and PEI have approved the QMJHL's plans to continue regular season games among its three major junior teams- the Cape Breton Eagles, Charlottetown Islanders and Halifax Mooseheads. The New Brunswick Government and its Public Health officials have delayed their return to regular activities until the situation has improved in their province.
The current restrictions put in place by the Nova Scotia Government precludes fans from attending games held in the province prior to February 8th, at which time restrictions will be reassessed. With the development and well-being of our players in mind, the Cape Breton Eagles have decided to resume play as of Friday, January 29th. The Eagles will play two home games at Centre 200 this weekend- on Friday against the Charlottetown Islanders at 7 PM, and on Saturday against the Halifax Mooseheads at 3 PM.
"While this is certainly not something we hoped for as an organization, it was the only way we would be able to resume play in the short-term," said Eagles president Gerard Shaw regarding the team's return to play. "We are very optimistic that this will only be for limited games and we will be back to playing in front of our loyal fans soon."
Eagles season ticket holders are asked to hold on to all tickets as the situation is fluid, and more updates will be provided in the near future. Those who purchased single games tickets are encouraged to reach out to the Centre 200 box office directly for reimbursement. Fans are also encouraged to check Eagles social media for further updates, and can also subscribe to the team's e-mail list at https://capebretoneagles.com/article/join-our-mailing-list
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2021
- Sea Dogs Acquire Three First Round Picks in Trade with Phoenix - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Videotron Team of the Week Named for Week 10 - QMJHL
- Eagles Announce Details as Club Returns to Play this Weekend - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Returning to Action this Weekend - Halifax Mooseheads
- QMJHL Announces Schedule Changes in the Maritimes - QMJHL
- Samuel Hlavaj Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 10 - QMJHL
- Eagles Make Multi-Player Swap with Sagueneens - Cape Breton Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.