Eagles Contribute $15,000 To Breast Cancer Awareness
WINDSOR, Colo. - With the conclusion of National Breast Cancer Awareness month at the end October, the Colorado Eagles - with the help of their fan base - were able to raise $15,000 for breast cancer survivors in Northern Colorado.
The Eagles collected the funds by auctioning off their jerseys worn against the Arizona Sundogs during a preseason game on Oct. 9. The majority of the jerseys were auctioned off in a silent auction at their game on Oct. 17. The proceeds from both the auction and the sales of replica jerseys will be donated to the Wilbur's Fund for Women with Breast Cancer.
For fans that would still like to contribute to the cause and possibly give a great gift to their loved ones for the holidays, there will be a chance to buy select customized pink jerseys at the Eagles' holiday store located in the Foothills Mall in Ft. Collins (opening in mid-November). A few of the select jerseys available at the store will be those of Greg Pankewicz, Kevin McClelland and Chris Stewart.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2009
- Sundogs Grab First Home Win Of Season In 9-0 Romp - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Steamrolled In Arizona 9-0 - Laredo Bucks
- Tendler Named FJO IceRays Player Of The Month - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Allen's Charlie Effinger Named Sher-Wood/TPS CHL Goaltender Of The Month - CHL
- Hisey Player Of Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Eagles Contribute $15,000 To Breast Cancer Awareness - Colorado Eagles
- Ticket Exchange Program Adds Two Dates - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks' Smith Called Up To AHL - Laredo Bucks
- Gorillas Waive Hill & McNeill, Sign Cloud - Amarillo Gorillas
- Bucks Start Three Game Set At Arizona Tonight - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.