Dust Devils Rally to Win Third Straight
In front of 3,157 fans at Gesa Stadium on Saturday night the Tri-City Dust Devils (21-15, 37-37) rallied for the 8-7 win over the Spokane Indians (22-14, 44-30). A six-run bottom of the sixth inning propelled Tri-City to the team's third consecutive victory.
Jason Pineda and Luke Becker each had big games at the plate in the win. Pineda had three doubles and scored three runs. Becker had two hits and two RBIS, including driving in what became the game-winning run in the seventh inning. In addition to the win, Tri-City's pitching staff made Northwest League history. The Dust Devils broke the record for most strikeouts in single season with 765. The NWL record was previously held by Tri-City's 2017 squad.
With the 8-7 win at Gesa Stadium, fans get the Papa Johns 5 or more runs SPECIAL! TOMORROW, Saturday, you can buy any pizza at regular menu price and get one of equal or lesser value FREE!
Left-hander Gabriel Morales will toe the rubber in his debut with the Dust Devils on Sunday night. Spokane will counter with right-hander Leury Tejada. It will be Team Photo Giveaway Night presented by Coordinated Care with Ambetter. Great seats are available by calling the team's office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Frogs' Bats Flip into Overdrive, 11-3 - Everett AquaSox
- C's Fall 11-3 in Everett on Sunday Afternoon - Vancouver Canadians
- August 31st: Volcanoes Pull off Deja Vu in Another 4-3 Extras Win - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Volcanoes to Honor Sprague Little League September 2 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Sold out Crowd Sees Ems Wrap Home Schedule with Extra Innings Loss - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Leap Ahead with Home Runs in 10-2 Win over Hawks - Boise Hawks
- C's Just Can't Catch Everett; Fall 5-3 on Saturday - Vancouver Canadians
- English & January with 5 RBI Apiece Lead Hops to Win - Hillsboro Hops
- Dust Devils Rally to Win Third Straight - Tri-City Dust Devils
- AquaSox Break Losing Streak, 5-3 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.