Dunedin Drops Series Finale to Florida
KISSIMMEE, FL. - The Blue Jays became a part of history on Sunday afternoon, serving as the visiting opponent in the final baseball game ever played at Osceola County Stadium. And after a come-from-behind win the night before, the Blue Jays offense notched just four hits in a 1-0 loss in the finale of the three game series.
LHP Nick Allgeyer (10-6) made the start and pitched six innings, scattering six hits, and giving up just one earned run. Nick gave up the lone run in the game on the Jefrey Ramos RBI single in the bottom of the third.
That was all RHP Odalvi Javier (1-2) needed as the 22 year old hurled six innings while striking out five. His start marks the four consecutive outing Javier has thrown at least six innings. Meanwhile, the Blue Jays finished just 1-7 with runners in scoring position, including leaving the tying and go-ahead runs on base in top of the ninth. RHP Daysbel Hernandez picked up his second save of the series, and sixth of the year after a strikeout of Chris Bec to shut the door.
Dunedin finishes the 2019 season series with a 10-3 record against Florida and have won all three season series played between the two clubs dating back to 2017. The Blue Jays return home for game one of a five game series with Fort Myers beginning tomorrow afternoon at 5:00. Game two will follow 30 minutes after the completion of game one.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Garcia, 'Tugas Come from Seven Down to Stun Mets, 11-8 - Daytona Tortugas
- Fire Frogs Pinch Stone Crabs in Extras, 5-4 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Tortugas Stun Mets 11-8 - St. Lucie Mets
- Close Loss Opens Final Jupiter Home Series - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Brown Delivers Strong Outing in Threshers' Series-Opening Win over Lakeland - Clearwater Threshers
- Fire Frogs Catch Crabs 5-4 in 10 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Mon, Aug 26 vs Florida - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Jose Garcia Named FSL Player of the Week - Daytona Tortugas
- 'Tugas Open Final Regular Season Homestand on Monday - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Drops Series Finale to Florida - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dunedin Blue Jays Stories
- Dunedin Blue Jays Raise over $1,800 for Dunedin Cares Inc. in Band Together against Hunger Campaign
- Dunedin Blue Jays Join Dunedin Cares Inc. to Band Together against Hunger
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 On-Field Staff
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Samad Taylor Recipient of Team Community Service Award