'Tugas Open Final Regular Season Homestand on Monday
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The Daytona Tortugas return home to open up the final homestand of the regular season on Monday, August 26, as they welcome the St. Lucie Mets, the High-A affiliate of the New York Mets, to Jackie Robinson Ballpark for a four-game series. Among the highlights of the set is a Belly Buster Monday, Interfaith and Community Night on Tuesday, a Wishful Wednesday, and a Thirsty Thursday.
The series gets underway on August 26 with a Belly Buster Monday presented by Marco's Pizza. Starting at just a $13 ticket price, fans can enjoy a buffet of all-you-can-eat ballpark favorites such as hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and popcorn. First pitch for the series opener is slated for 7:05 p.m.
We recognize Daytona Beach and Volusia County's splendid diversity on Tuesday, August 27, with our second annual Interfaith and Community Night. There will be a special pregame parade along the warning track, as well as an on-field ceremony recognizing all the different religious backgrounds in attendance. It will be a Silver Sluggers Night presented by MetCare at the ballpark, as well. Members of the Tortugas' exclusive 60-and-older club receive a free drink, discounted Michelob Ultra, and a reserved ticket for every Tuesday night home game. Fans will also be able to join in with Baseball Bingo through the night. It will be another Cancer Awareness Night at the ballpark presented by Radiology Imaging Centers. Daytona players and coaches will don special pink-tinted uniforms that highlight many local cancer survivors. Fans are encouraged to come hungry for a Taco Tuesday at The Jack with beef and chicken tacos going for just $2. The evening's contest is registered to begin at 7:05 p.m.
Fun and community will be center stage on August 28 with a Wishful Wednesday presented by VyStar Credit Union. Each Wednesday home game, the Tortugas celebrate, recognize, and help raise awareness and funds for local charities around Volusia County. We celebrate the start of the new school year and welcome elementary school students throughout the area with our Back to School Night in partnership with Volusia County Schools. Fans are also encouraged to bring their four-legged furry friends for a "nine-inning vacation" of their own for a Bark in the Park Night presented by NextHome at the Beach. For just $2, patrons can purchase a "pooch pass" to have their pup join them at the game. The 'Tugas will also host their Yappy Hours with $3 spiked seltzer's all evening long. The third contest will get underway at 7:05 p.m.
The series wraps up on August 29 with a Thirsty Thursday presented by Bud Light. Fans are encouraged to come out and be a part of the biggest party in Central Florida, as draft beers and fountain sodas can be purchased for just $1 all evening long. First pitch for the series' finale is penciled in for 7:05 p.m.
Tickets for all four games are still available and can be purchased by visiting www.daytonatortugas.com, or by calling the Tortugas' ticket office at 386-257-3172.
Probable Starting Pitchers
Monday: TBA vs. RHP Ryan Lillie (3-8, 3.35 ERA) (broadcast available on the TuneIn & MiLB First Pitch apps)
Tuesday: RHP Luc Rennie (7-7, 3.69 ERA) vs. RHP Aaron Fossas (1-2, 4.58 ERA) (broadcast available on the TuneIn & MiLB First Pitch apps)
Wednesday: RHP Joe Cavallaro (6-5, 3.72 ERA) vs. RHP Mac Sceroler (5-4, 3.93 ERA) (broadcast available on the TuneIn & MiLB First Pitch apps)
Thursday: RHP Tylor Megill (3-4, 4.04 ERA) vs. RHP Austin Orewiler (8-10, 4.52 ERA) (broadcast available on the TuneIn & MiLB First Pitch apps)
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 26, 2019
- Garcia, 'Tugas Come from Seven Down to Stun Mets, 11-8 - Daytona Tortugas
- Fire Frogs Pinch Stone Crabs in Extras, 5-4 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Tortugas Stun Mets 11-8 - St. Lucie Mets
- Close Loss Opens Final Jupiter Home Series - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Brown Delivers Strong Outing in Threshers' Series-Opening Win over Lakeland - Clearwater Threshers
- Fire Frogs Catch Crabs 5-4 in 10 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Mon, Aug 26 vs Florida - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Jose Garcia Named FSL Player of the Week - Daytona Tortugas
- 'Tugas Open Final Regular Season Homestand on Monday - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Drops Series Finale to Florida - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Daytona Tortugas Stories
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian
- Daytona Rallies Again, Stays in Playoff Hunt with Walk-Off
- Clementina Clobbers Mets in Comeback, 6-5