Ducks Blast Past Rockers to Even Series
(Central Islip, N.Y.) - The Long Island Ducks defeated the High Point Rockers 12-2 on Wednesday night in the middle game of a three-game series at Fairfield Properties Ballpark.
Ryan Jackson put the Ducks in front in the second inning with a solo home run to left-center field off Rockers starter Craig Stem. A three-run second inning gave the Flock a four-run advantage. Jesse Berardi's solo homer to right, L.J. Mazzilli's RBI single to right and a bases-loaded hit by pitch of Rey Fuentes did the damage.
A sac fly to center by Steve Lombardozzi in the fifth made it a 5-0 game before the Ducks exploded for seven runs in the fifth, ballooning their advantage to 12-0. RBI singles from Sal Giardina and Mazzilli, an RBI double by Brock Stassi and a two-run single by Jackson highlighted the inning. Cesar Trejo's two-run homer in the eighth inning for High Point rounded out the scoring.
Ducks starter Akeel Morris (1-0) earned the win, tossing seven shutout innings, allowing just three hits and two walks while striking out six. Stem (0-3) suffered the loss, surrendering nine runs (eight earned) on seven hits and four walks over four innings.
Jackson led the Flock offensively with three hits, three RBIs, two runs and a walk. Mazzilli added two hits, two RBIs and a run, while Stassi also chipped in with two hits, an RBI and a run.
The Ducks and Rockers wrap up their three-game set on Thursday night. Game time is slated for 6:35 p.m., with the Fairfield Properties Ballpark gates opening at 5:35 (5:20 for full season ticket holders). It's the first Thirsty Thursday of the season! During each Thursday home game, fans can enjoy an exclusive drink special throughout the ballpark all game long. This week, fans can enjoy a buy one, get one free offer on our brand new BABE canned wine at the first and third base concession stands.
Tickets to the game, and all Ducks home games, are available by calling (631) 940-TIXX or. Those unable to make the game can follow all the action on the Long Island Ducks Broadcast Network. Live streaming video and audio will be available via BoxCast on LIDucks.com as well as the Ducks official Facebook and YouTube accounts.
The Long Island Ducks are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, a Professional Partner League of Major League Baseball, and play their home games at Fairfield Properties Ballpark. For further information, visit LIDucks.com or call (631) 940-DUCK (3825).
Images from this story
Ryan Jackson of the Long Island Ducks
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from June 9, 2021
- Revs Offense Explodes in 12-1 Win over Southern Maryland - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Ducks Blast Past Rockers to Even Series - Long Island Ducks
- Bats Sleep against Long Island Wednesday - High Point Rockers
- WV Power Game Postponed - West Virginia Power
- Welch Shuts Down Crabs as Revs Take Opener - York Revolution
- Honey Hunters Capture Series Opener, 16-14 - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Ducks Stories
- Team Israel Stars Ian Kinsler and Danny Valencia to Play for Ducks
- Nine-Run Fifth Inning Lifts Ducks to Series Win
- Ducks Patience at the Plate Leads to Triumph over Barnstormers
- Charlie Tilson's Contract Purchased by Phillies
- Ducks Rally Twice But Drop See-Saw Affair to Barnstormers