Drive Coast to Second-Straight Home Win
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Drive (3-2) were led by a four-some of players Saturday night that helped secure their second victory in as many nights to defeat the Greensboro Swarm (1-4) at DeltaPlex Arena.
Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone looked impressive once again, registering his second-straight double-double with 23 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. Pistons rookie Sekou Doumbouya, on assignment from Detroit, had a standout performance with 23 points (10-17 FG), 4 rebounds and 2 blocks. The other Pistons two-way player, Louis King, put up 20 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals & 1 block and big man Donta Hall had an impressive night on both ends, going for 18 points, 11 rebounds, 1 steal & 1 block.
Greensboro had six guys score in double figures on the night, led by Hornets two-way player Robert Franks with 16 points. UCLA product Thomas Welsh had a big performance both offensively and defensively, putting up 11 points & 15 rebounds. Jalen McDaniels, on assignment from Charlotte, missed his own double-double by a point, finishing with 9 points & 12 rebounds. Caleb Martin, assigned by Charlotte earlier in the day, went for 13 points, 5 assists & 2 steals. A trio of bench players also finished in double figures for Greensboro - Josh Perkins (15 points), Demajeo Wiggins (13 points) and Joe Chealey (13 points) to keep the game close throughout.
Both teams finished with 19 turnovers, but the Drive won the battle of steals, outgaining Greensboro 12 to 7 in that category which led to more offensive possessions for the home team. Grand Rapids shot a solid 55% from the field compared to Greensboro's 41%.
The Drive head east as they visit the Westchester Knicks for a Monday night matchup. The Swarm will head home with a few days of rest to get ready to host Windy City on the 22nd in Greensboro.
Highlights:Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2CMicHl
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/343AhwF
Jordan Bone (23pts, 10ast, 4reb & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2QoqRHN
Sekou Doumbouya (23pts, 4reb & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2NVZtj0
Louis King (20pts, 6 reb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2Oj01y7
Donta Hall (18pts, 11reb, 1stl, 1blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2NQQO10
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 16, 2019
- High-Powered Offense Sends Blue over Knicks - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mulder, Skyforce Surge Past Clippers 122-108 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Drive Top Swarm for Second Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Soar over Skyhawks in Home Opener - Lakeland Magic
- Timberwolves Assignees Shine in Wolves Loss to Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge on Second Night of Back-to-Back - Delaware Blue Coats
- College Park Skyhawks Waive Ronshad Shabazz - College Park Skyhawks
- Drive Coast to Second-Straight Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride by Blue Coats for Road Win - Canton Charge
- Red Hot Clippers Take Down Wolves - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Pelicans Transfer Zylan Cheatham from the Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- San Antonio Recalls Keldon Johnson from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Caleb Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Win Home Opener against Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.