Dream Sign Destiny Slocum
The Atlanta Dream have signed Destiny Slocum to a hardship contract, the organization announced today.
The 5-7 guard was drafted in the second round of the 2021 WNBA Draft by Las Vegas and went on to play 21 games with the Aces in her rookie season. In the 2021-22 Turkish League season, Slocum averaged 17.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5.3 assists with Bellona Kayseri.
Slocum will join the team in Connecticut and will wear No. 24 for tonight's game against the Sun.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 15, 2022
- Mercury Take First Game against Fever this Season - Indiana Fever
- Storm Launches 2022 "Kicks for Equality" Auction Presented by Symetra, in Partnership with Bank of America - Seattle Storm
- Aces Erase 16-Point Deficit to Top Wings, 92-84 and Clinch a Spot in the Commissioner's Cup Game - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Fall to Aces, 92-84 - Dallas Wings
- Stewart Hits Game-Winner as Seattle Escapes with 81-79 Win at Minnesota - Seattle Storm
- Force 10 and WNBA Teams Partner to Expand 3x3 Program - Connecticut Sun
- Dream Sign Destiny Slocum - Atlanta Dream
- Mystics to Host 25th Anniversary Game on June 19 - Washington Mystics
- Game Preview: Fever Battle Mercury at Home - Indiana Fever
- Connecticut Signs Jazmine Jones - Connecticut Sun
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Second-Annual Juneteenth Game on June 16 - New York Liberty
- May 29 - Minnesota Lynx vs Seattle Storm Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- WNBA's Atlanta Dream Announces Transformative Partnership with the King Center
- Travis Porter to Perform at Halftime of Final Regular Season Atlanta Dream Home Game
- Rhyne Howard Earns Third-Straight WNBA Rookie of the Month Honor
- Maya Caldwell Returns to Dream on Hardship Contract
- Waka Flocka Flame Set to Perform Halftime of WNBA's Atlanta Dream Game on August 3